Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - stay or down-size from 21" from the start?

Stay or down-size?

• Stay @ 21" - (rough road region)

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Stay @ 21" - (smooth road region)

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Downsize Better (rough road region)

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Downsize Better (smooth road region)

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I setup and extra profile called "parking". WIth that, I angled the mirrors down and in, and select it when parking and try and back into a tight parking situation. That is the best option I've seen. I also use the side cameras by selecting the rear camera icon.

Long before my PY arrived, I bought two sets of tSportline 19" wheels, (one winter, one summer), planning to sell my stock set to the first bidder. I saw plenty of people trying to sell their tires/rims on the local FB Tesla group, but no takers.

When I took delivery, realized the ride on my '22 PY was a LOT better than my '18 LR3. Still running stock for summer and one of the tSportlines for winter. My summer tires (Pirelli P-Zeros) are not all season so I have to swap them at just the right time, but I like them. FWIW, I run them at 38 psi, which has a slightly better ride. We'll see what happens when they wear out, but I suspect I'll have upgraded to the refreshed PY by then.

I just took delivery of my MYP last week so no comment on tire wear, but I have no issues with ride comfort. Suspension is stiff, but much more comfortable than my BMW or Silverado trail boss. Even my wife commented that it is comfortable and she was not a fan of my BMW with run flats.

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth. I was going to get a MYP but ending up with a LR because of EV credits. But my plan was to sell the Ubers because:
- roads can be fairly rough in my city especially after winter
- cost of replacement tires was quite a lot.
- I didn't like how the stock tires are so stretched on the wheels (this true for all Tesla wheels)

I still ended up upsizing the Gemini's to aftermarket 20's with a 275/40 series tire which aren't terribly expensive for some reason (relatively speaking compared to stock tire sizes). I really don't like the look of the Gemini's so will likely just use them for winter duty or will sell them.