Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Tein Flex Z Coilover Issue/ Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,
In the process of installing Tein Flex Z Coilovers on my 2023 MYP. The fronts were super easy to install and adjust, but for some reason (99% operator error) I cannot get the rears figured out.

I have had what TEIN calls the "HAS" dimension set in three separate measurements all resulting in the same wheel fender gap. I have not adjusted the rear shock length as not really sure how, and haven't seen or read anyone adjusting it on all of the videos online. Any help or insight would be great.

Tired of taking the rear apart lol
IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

Reactions: Skavatar and MODEL+
Something obviously way off here. Ride height should change with each HAS settings change. And, especially at the extreme ends, the change should be significant. Got any pics with the spring and HAS adjuster while it was installed? And what is your fender gap measurement?

Reactions: MODEL+
So, I'm definitely not an expert on the subject but was able to install the Flex Z's myself and get the rears where I wanted them. You do have to loosen the lower collar on the shock enough to then spin that lower part, then re tighten the collar and get the measurement (ratio) in relation to the spring perch measurement. It is noted in the instructions that relationship and how/where to measure. I think there are some videos and I'll try to post a link.

20220813_110749.jpg

Reactions: Skavatar
Helpful video inised when I did my install, 13:40 mark:

These were my final settings on my '22 MYP:

Middle of hub to fender
15.25" front (387mm)
15.75" rear (400mm)
Give or take 1-2mm. I could never get em exact and quit trying. And, I wanted the slight rake with the staggered tires.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skavatar and RH1N0