Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

N2itive Lowering Links. What is everyone setting their links at?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The plan was to go with 5, but when I went to pick the car up the installer had chosen to not install them because he thought they would rub with my Signature Wheels. After talking to Jamie at Signature and the guys at N2itive, the installer seemed to be the only one who thought rubbing would be an issue, but I never made the time to go back and have them installed. I'll be switching back from the Arachnid's to my SW's next month and will probably move forward with putting the links on at that time. Believe N2itive recommended minimum of -5 to avoid the dreaded 30-50mph "shudder" issue.

The plan was to go with 5, but when I went to pick the car up the installer had chosen to not install them because he thought they would rub with my Signature Wheels. After talking to Jamie at Signature and the guys at N2itive, the installer seemed to be the only one who thought rubbing would be an issue, but I never made the time to go back and have them installed. I'll be switching back from the Arachnid's to my SW's next month and will probably move forward with putting the links on at that time. Believe N2itive recommended minimum of -5 to avoid the dreaded 30-50mph "shudder" issue.
yeah you definitely gotta install them. i even added spacers to mine and it still clears just fine. yeah no shudder for me and downsizing the rim size also got rid of the steeeing wheel vibration.

Reactions: brooklyn
Are you talking about the pedal vibration the plaids have first few mins of driving?
How do links help with the shudder.

Currently getting ready to install 15 mm spacers. With n2itive links.

Thank you.

From their website:

Tesla’s Tire Wear & Shudder Issues​

From the factory, Tesla Model S and Model X cars come with two major design flaws that cause a front end shudder or vibration and shortened rear tire life.
The first design flaw is noticed under hard acceleration and presents itself as a shudder, vibration or sometimes extreme shaking coming from the front of the vehicle. This shudder occurs because of internal damage to the front half-shafts. The damage happens because the angle of the front half-shafts or drive axles between the motor and the wheels is too steep and causes extreme tension and binding within the half-shaft. This binding will damage and deform portions of your half-shafts’ internals and leave you with what’s been commonly referred to as acceleration shudder. The only solution from Tesla’s Service Centers is to put the car’s suspension in “Low”. However this then exacerbates the second design flaw where the rear wheels tilt too far inwards. The Tesla Model S and X are already known to wear out the rear tires on the inside edge due to excessive negative camber, or wheels tilting inwards from the top. Lowering the suspension setting makes the wheels tilt in even further! This causes more the weight of the car to rest on the inner shoulder of the wheel. Driving this way quickly wears down the inside edge of the rear tires which can cause a sudden and unexpected dangerous blowout.

These two problems are by far the most talked about issues in the online Tesla groups. Fortunately, these design flaws are correctable with N2itive’s adjustable suspension components. Our Alignment Kit 1 can automatically set the car to a lower height to reduce premature half-shaft/CV joint wear and accompanying acceleration shudder and allow the rear wheels to be properly aligned to eliminate the common inner tire wear problem. All while staying within Tesla’s alignment specifications. This is important for the proper functioning of the vehicle and for your safety.
Our patent pending adjustable suspension components are known to be the strongest and best engineered on the market by far, even more so than Tesla’s own factory parts! All our products come with an unmatched 6-year or lifetime warranty.