Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NADA getting desperate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just traded my Porsche 911 Turbo in on a P85D. Tesla used a third party to estimate the value but Tesla bought the car. The price I got was, almost to the dollar, what a Porsche dealer offered on a trade for a Macan Turbo. When trading a car you only get wholesale price regardless who you are dealing with. Whoever buys the car must be able to resell it for a profit. The Tesla trade in process worked well in my case.

Tesla put the car out to bid to their (now ICE only) wholesale bid network. You get the highest bid number which is good for you and thus good for Tesla. "but Tesla bought the car" is accurate and then they did a dealer assign on your title and put it on a truck to the winning bidder.

The change is that Tesla is no longer allowing their partners to bid on MS trades AND Tesla is offering $10K less than those partners are buying the same car for AT A WHOLESALE level. I believe this change in practice is clear.