Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take control of vehicle!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About once a week or so, my M3 suddenly and without reason sounds a loud alarm and a message briefly pops up onscreen that says something like "Take control of the vehicle to avoid a crash!!!" (Not the exact wording). It scares hell out of my wife when it happens. I'm not close to a curb or light pole or any other obstacle when it happens, I'm not out of control, and I'm usually just driving straight down a normal road.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can disable this annoying alarm?

I had that warning a couple of times a month or two ago at the same place making a turn from a side road onto a main road. I could only assume it was something to do with road markings and the car's perceived position in the road. The car was where it should be on each occasion and I was holding the wheel, driving without autopilot being activated. It seems to have stopped panicking now, so I assume it has either been resolved in a software update or else the car has 'learned' what is and isn't the correct road position at that particular junction.

That holiday update was when my car went off like above.

Have to say it was so obnoxious and unexpected I jerked the wheel for no reason out of shock.

Pretty bad when a warning that should not have gone off in the first place causes the driver more stress than less. Glad it has not been back since.

About once a week or so, my M3 suddenly and without reason sounds a loud alarm and a message briefly pops up onscreen that says something like "Take control of the vehicle to avoid a crash!!!" (Not the exact wording). It scares hell out of my wife when it happens. I'm not close to a curb or light pole or any other obstacle when it happens, I'm not out of control, and I'm usually just driving straight down a normal road.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can disable this annoying alarm?
This has happened to me a few times. I have FSD installed but it has never been turned on when this warning happens.
It has always happened just a block or two from my home in almost the exact same spot...a one lane road approaching a major road am I'm getting ready to move to the right to turn. Seems to be happening less in the last few months

This has happened to me a few times. I have FSD installed but it has never been turned on when this warning happens.
It has always happened just a block or two from my home in almost the exact same spot...a one lane road approaching a major road am I'm getting ready to move to the right to turn. Seems to be happening less in the last few months
Almost identical to my experience. Turning right at a 'T' junction from minor road to main road. 100 yards from home and happened about 3 times.

(I'm in the UK so my right turn is the same as your left turn in terms of road positioning and road markings).

Reactions: SVMike