Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Name that undercarriage damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While reviewing issues before an upcoming service appointment to address minor issues from delivery, I looked under the car and saw damage to the side-skirts on both sides in the same spot. Anyone had these? Perhaps transport related?

Other side:

upload_2018-9-19_22-53-41.png

Also noticed some long scratches across the battery case. Thankfully looks superficial to me.

Both sides in the same spot plus the image says bad lift. Likely damage under the plastics.
Interesting... It's at service right now. I assume they will replace the plastic. Hopefully they will properly review damage underneath the plastic as well and not just replace the plastic...

They were standoffish about this a bit. I was taking the car in for a list of delivery day fit and finish issues for the most part and I discovered this the night before when reviewing for the service appointment... Hadn't looked under the car before that. No service had been done on the car, it only had a few hundred miles on it, etc.. They said they couldn't determine if it happened before or after delivery but would cover it under goodwill this time.

So anyone taking delivery should really examine their car very well and get any issues reported immediately so they don't question you. Not all that good of a feeling when you just gave them 60k.

Unrelated, but they also more or less advised that the fisheyes and dust nibs be left alone if the detailer cant get them out because nothing beats factory paint... I'm not so sure about that considering the factory paint had fish eyes the size of silver dollars and dust nibs on every panel... I don't think they wanted to send it off to the body shop for that much work is what I got the vibe of, not sure if I am misreading though.