Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So... this happened. Just wanted to vent [vehicle accident]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I get what happened. You're driving in the right lane, on the main road, and not on the side road that's merging. The other vehicle is entering from the gas station and he doesn't turn sharply and hits you in the door. It looks a bit like a sideswipe, but the other driver's front scraping forward on your door, since he pushed your side mirror forward. Anyway, that's what I got from the story. Good luck.
Image 6-12-24 at 11.51 AM.jpeg

Reactions: fredjan
I think I get what happened. You're driving in the right lane, on the main road, and not on the side road that's merging. The other vehicle is entering from the gas station and he doesn't turn sharply and hits you in the door. It looks a bit like a sideswipe, but the other driver's front scraping forward on your door, since he pushed your side mirror forward. Anyway, that's what I got from the story. Good luck.
View attachment 1055743
I think THIS is what happened. The driver is claiming he was driving on the main road, but that is not true. I swear I remember switching lanes to the left, I was firmly in the left lane, and the other driver hit my driver's side door
Edit: the tricky part is my lane change. I need to switch lanes to the left so I can make the left turn to my apartment. After the accident, I was firmly on the left lane, right in front of the gas station entrance. I needed to back up to remove my vehicle from the road.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
to be frank, it’s likely the insurance companies already have a preliminary decision based on the statements and evidence to date. You already made your recorded statement and police report is available to all, right? Unless there is evidence (recordings) supporting your point-of-view, nothing will change.

Reactions: afadeev