Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Drive Electric Week is September 14-22, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time again to show off your Tesla during National Drive Electric Week. There are quite a few events in Texas this year, including 2 in Austin and 4 in the Houston area! There's also a non-NDEW event in Dallas in October at the State Fair.
  • Austin - Saturday the 14th, 10 am - 2 pm
  • Austin - Thursday the 19th, 6 pm - 9 pm
  • Bellaire - Saturday the 14th, 9 am - 11 am
  • Corpus Christi - Sunday the 15th, 1 pm - 4 pm
  • Dallas - Sunday October 13th, 9 am - 6 pm (non-NDEW)
  • El Paso - Saturday the 14th, 9 am - 3 pm
  • Houston - Saturday the 21st, 10 am - 1 pm
  • Irving - Saturday the 21st, 10 am - 2 pm
  • Katy - Saturday the 21st, 9 am - 12 pm
  • Richmond - Saturday the 21st, 9 am - 12 pm
  • San Antonio - Saturday the 21st, 9 am - 1 pm
I'll be attending 3 events this year: Bellaire, Corpus Christi, and Houston.

I've created handouts that I keep in my 3 to give away when people ask about it. I also made handouts for the S and X. There are 2 versions of each. Feel free to download and revise them for your own use.

They were created using Apple Pages, but can be downloaded in a variety of formats. Download links in this twitter chain.
Darrell Spice Jr. on Twitter

Following images are for reference, use link above to download originals. Letter size handout:
Model 3 Handout.png Model 3 Handout 2.png

Legal size handout, includes example road trip I took in my 3. If you're using the S or X version of the handout I recommend you replace that with an example of a trip you took in your vehicle:
Model 3 Handout Legal 1.54.41 PM.png Model 3 Handout Legal 2 1.54.47 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: bollar and arcus
There were fewer cars at the Corpus Christi event on Sunday, but way more people showed up to check them out - I gave away twice as many of my handouts as at the Bellaire event. Many were shocked at how affordable electric cars now are, even before factoring in the fuel savings.

I was interviewed by KRIS TV 6, which my sister saw on the news last night, but haven't had any luck finding their coverage of the event online.

IMG_2214.jpg IMG_2213.jpg IMG_2217.jpg IMG_2216.jpg

Reactions: arcus
Awesome turnout for the Houston event at Ikea, I gave away as many handouts as the prior to events combined.

Last year I gave rides, so was positioned in the parking lot. With the gaming setup I didn't give rides this year, so ended up on the concrete slab in front of Ikea. Was great in the morning as we were shaded by the building, but the last hour of the event was quite hot.

I'd planned to take photos early on but people started showing up even before the event officially began at 10, so I didn't get to walk around to take photos until 12:53. Most of the EVs in the parking lot had already left as the event ended at 1.

The kids managed to unlock all but the last 2 drivers and last 2 tracks over the past 2 weekends.

IMG_2252.jpg IMG_2253.jpg IMG_2254.jpg IMG_2255.jpg IMG_2257.jpg IMG_2258.jpg IMG_2260.jpg IMG_2262.jpg IMG_2263.jpg IMG_2265.jpg IMG_2267.jpg