Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navagation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I am sure that the answer to my question is somewhere in the users manual but I haven't found it.
When I start my car that is in my designated parking space in the complex that I live, I am given voice commands to get me TO MY COMPLEX so I assume that these directions have been permanently saved and always pop-up when I start the car.
So my question is how how I remove the directions from memory so that when I start the car, NO DESTINATION is presented to me and if I don't know how to get somewhere, I can use voice commands to direct me (and not save the location for the next time I start the car).
Thank you guys
Bob

Maybe you have Automatic Navigation enabled? From the manual, you can disable it under Controls > Navigation > Automatic Navigation

Automatic Navigation can predict a destination when you get in your vehicle. When your phone's calendar is synced to Model Y, and the calendar includes an event that takes place within two hours of when you get in your vehicle to drive, Automatic Navigation suggests the location of the event (assuming a valid address is associated with the event).

In addition, if you are Home and get in your vehicle on weekdays (Monday to Friday) from 5:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Automatic Navigation can automatically route you to your specified Work location (see Home, Work, and Favorite Destinations). Likewise, if you are at work on weekdays from 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM, Automatic Navigation can automatically route you to your specified Home location.

To enable Automatic Navigation, touch Controls > Navigation > Automatic Navigation. You must have your phone's calendar synced to Model Y and the event must include a uniquely specified and valid address (see Phone and Calendar).

I was little to quick with my reply Sky.
I don't think that I have my calendar synched with my model Y and may have my don't certainly do not have my home and/or my home address, specified on my calendar but I will look into "To enable Automatic Navigation, touch Controls > Navigation > Automatic Navigation. You must have your phone's calendar synced to Model Y and the event must include a uniquely specified and valid address" just the same.
Thanks
Bob

Bob, ensure this feature is turned off. As it mentions, destinations are predicted based on commonly driven routes. This may be what you are experiencing when you get back in the car and it has selected a route to navigate to.
Report back so we can try something else.

Under controls, navigation, ensure the the slider showing blue for automatic navigation is moved to the left.

1647550293348.png

Bob - actually I'm a bit confused by your original question - you said "I am given voice commands to get me TO MY COMPLEX"
What do you mean you are given voice commands?
Sorry Sky, unfortunately I'm getting VERY sloppy!
To clarify " I am given voice commands to get me TO MY COMPLEX".
When I start the car, I am told commands such as "turn left in 300 feet" or "you have arrived at your destination" which means that A DESTINATION is in the system although I haven't entered a destination and I certainty to take me home when I am home.
I will open Controls and "Under controls, navigation, ensure the the slider showing blue for automatic navigation is moved to the left" and will report back probably tomorrow.
Thank you for your help guys
bOb