Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on autopilot not in Canada? 2018.42

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tried NOA several times on 404 (steeles to major mackenzie). just before 407, it kept suggesting to go inner lane, if you don’t, it will slow down dramatically, any one experience this? but, automatically exit highway was really cooool!

Yes I've experience that behaviour in other places any time you decide not to follow the instruction. Eg. For me to go home its equal time for two exits. If I decide to take whichever one it didn't choose it will do the extreme slowdown. I think it's trying to give you a chance to make the change. It has also done it when it wanted me to exit the HOV lane earlier than I wanted/needed to.

GTA:

Surprised it can automatically change lane from a most left one to a new HOV lane (HOV lane was a new "additional" lane that just started on my left). It's 404 south when HOV lane begins. I was expecting the car would suggest the lane change but it just turned on the blinker and changed it automatically to the left HOV lane! So it's not just automatic on/off-ramp - it can also do automatic lane change into HOV lane even from the most left lane!

Other observations:
- DVP south - exit to Bayview and take a ramp to Bloor.
It took the exit lane automatically and surprisingly was still on NoA all the way to after the Bayview - meaning after the DVP exit it suggested lane change to the left in order to stay on my way to Bloor ramp! All lane changes were in time and perfectly done (DVP from most left lane to most right lane, then to the exit lane and then to the left lane to stay on the way to Bloor).

- 404 South HOV lane to DVP.
In there the HOV lane gets split and NoA automatically tried to change lane to the new right HOV lane (which is correct decision). However, as the new lane is too narrow at the very beginning of the split, the lane change was automatically canceled as the car did not "fit" into that space. The car automatically returned to the original lane. After that I changed the lane manually.

- When changing the lane the car car return to the original lane automatically if the back approaching car is too fast. If the approaching car slows down to let you do the lane change, then my car will attempt the lane change again. All this back and forth done automatically and quite fast. Liked it.

Tired NoA today totally failed.

From Markham to Yorkdale

Traveling from north to south HOV lane going 401west, it asked me to exit HOV at sharperd totally ignore we can go staight pass the under bridge.

On 401, it travels at collector and keeping asking me change the Lane to the right. The voice promotes me to exit at left lane at exit , NOA still asked me to change to right Lane. I need suddenly turn the steering to avoid miss the exit.

My wife won’t allow me to use it again.