Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate Swipe Right and Down Both Go to Work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently installed 2022.20.9.

In the past, swiping the Navigate button the to right took me to Home. Swiping down took me to Work. Now, either gesture takes me to Work. Home and Work have both been set correctly.

Anyone else seen this? I haven't rebooted yet because I have an important trip coming up.

I had never noticed the swipe right behavior (had never tried it actually)

For me, the only time swipe down behavior took me to work was when I was at home. When it always took me to work.

Every other time swiping down took me home.

Are you already at home when you are performing this test?

I was, and I'm sure that's the issue. It performs some logic to decide whether you want to go home or to work.

I'm not sure if right or down was ever different. Also, I fell into the (very common) trap of thinking this was caused by the recent software update.
That's what I was going to ask. I had never heard of swipe right (doesn't mean it's not a thing), but I suspect you possibly also fell into the trap of believing that swipe right did something different than swipe down. I really think that it's just a "swipe" and there is no difference between the two.

I recently installed 2022.20.9.

In the past, swiping the Navigate button the to right took me to Home. Swiping down took me to Work. Now, either gesture takes me to Work. Home and Work have both been set correctly.

Anyone else seen this? I haven't rebooted yet because I have an important trip coming up.
You ever figure out a fix for this?

Same behavior for me now on 2022.45.25.x.

Swipe down used to equal home and swipe up used to be work. It was even in the manual before. Now I can't even find swiping for favorites mentioned.

Now both directions navigate to work. This worked as recently as Friday morning on 2022.36.xx.x.

You ever figure out a fix for this?

Same behavior for me now on 2022.45.25.x.

Swipe down used to equal home and swipe up used to be work. It was even in the manual before. Now I can't even find swiping for favorites mentioned.

Now both directions navigate to work. This worked as recently as Friday morning on 2022.36.xx.x.
I think RTPEV is correct. It's not a big; I was just fooled into thinking they gave different results. That is, I never happened to swipe right when home nor down when at work.