Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigating artists on a USB music disk is horrendous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an SSD working with two partitions (one for sentry, one for music). Took a while - looks like exFAT doesn't work after all? FAT32 was detected without problems.

However, is the USB music navigation really this terrible in Tesla, or am I just holding it wrong? I have some 100GB of MP3s on it, and I like sorting them based on artist name. The list is long, and scrolling is irritatingly slow an unresponsive. The "alphabet bar" on the right helps finding the right section, but still requires scrolling...

The worst part, though, is that when you find the artist you want, you tap on it... but accidentally tap the line right above. Oops. Oh well, tap the "Back" button.

But it takes you back. Way back. All the way to the beginning of the list of artists. Every time. Or almost every time (I think a couple of times it went back to the right section of the list)... but majority of the time I'm back in the beginning of the list at 'A', and have to scroll to the same spot again, nervous about tapping the wrong artist again.

Am I doing it wrong? Do others see it jump back to the beginning, or does it simply go back to the previous step of, say, "W" (for Winger, lol)? If it's back to 'A' for everyone, then this interface is ludicrous! It's even worse than the horrible BMW USB interface I left behind two days ago.

This makes for a miserable experience. Shouldn't this be the easiest thing to fix?