Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Card/Window missing when audio maximized?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

avs007

May 14, 2021
PacNW
Has anyone noticed that with the previous UI, when you had the audio screen maximized, the navigation window was displayed on the left side of the display above the car, indicating the next turn... But with the new UI, when the audio is maximized, this window/card no longer exists? I also noticed the audio controls no longer support a single bar at the bottom. It's either full screen, half screen, or hidden.

They moved the nav info from above the car visualization to below it. As with the low position of the blind spot camera, this is the wrong place for it. It should be near the top of the screen so the driver doesn't have to look as far down to see it.

I am able to get the audio controls to go to a single bar at the bottom. Repeated presses of the audio icon toggle between the sizes.

They moved the nav info from above the car visualization to below it. As with the low position of the blind spot camera, this is the wrong place for it. It should be near the top of the screen so the driver doesn't have to look as far down to see it.

I am able to get the audio controls to go to a single bar at the bottom. Repeated presses of the audio icon toggle between the sizes.
Yeah, I just tried it this morning after dropping off the kids... It seems that when you tap on the icon, it only goes between full and half, unless you manually get it to go to one bar. It seems more sensitive than before, as it took me like 4 tries to get it to go to one bar by manually sliding it. But once I got it to stick, then it seemed tapping on the icon got it to toggle between full and single. Strange... Thanks for pointing out the nav location thing... That seems like an odd place to put it...