Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation not updating arrival time/estimate

bdaviskc

Nov 21, 2020
Overland Park, KS
Just curious if anyone else is seeing this in navigation--ETA info is not updating/not accurate (at all)--with 5.8 miles left in my trip the time estimate is 37 minutes until arrival? Have seen this happen a couple of times now--am I doing something wrong/interpreting this data incorrectly?

Attachments

• IMG_3221.PNG
    IMG_3221.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 16

ahcpa

Nov 30, 2020
Philadelphia
Yep, same here. I pay pretty close attention to this so I think it is a bug introduced in the latest software update—it just started happening for me about 10 days ago (I've had my Y since December).

It doesn't happen on every trip, but does seem to consistently happen on trips that start at a supercharger and end at my home or another non-supercharger destination.

bdaviskc

Nov 21, 2020
Overland Park, KS
Happened to me 2x last week--both times departing from the same supercharger, but headed in opposite directions. Photo was from my trip home--was cutting it close on range as we had super high winds that day. Hope this gets fixed--wondering if it might cause a failure of battery preconditioning if the destination is a supercharger, that would be doubly annoying.

Arktctr

Oct 19, 2018
Orange County, CA
I've noticed this once as well. Can't recall when; maybe several weeks ago? Haven't seen it recently, and I'm now on 2021.4.12
Same...just completed my latest LA>SF>LA trip and noticed a fairly large discrepancy this time vs. previous times. I ran Google Maps simultaneously and and it was often 20-30 min wrong compared to the same route on GM.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC