Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

navigation search order - how does it work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I enter "walmart" into the navigation search bar, it then shows me a list of random walmart locations. The one closest to me is almost never at the top of the list, I always have to hunt down the list to find one that is close. Every other app seems to know that the closest location should be put at the top of the list. Can anyone explain how tesla navigation sorting works, and/or is there anyway to work around this weird default sort? Someone said to enter the search city as well but I live in a big city so it produces pretty much the same list. Thanks!

Use the voice command button: "go walmart cityname"
or "go walmart on streetname"
Good idea. Since I often don't know the city or street name, I just tried "show walmart" and it showed a map of locations with a list sorted by distance. Success! Still think its weird that the normal sort order is so random, but this should work. Thank you.

Last edited:
Make it a favorite when you find the correct location.
I've found that you can mention sometimes the road name in the search. If I say navigate to McDonalds I get all of them but when said, "navigate to McDonalds off of bay area blvd." it will pick the location I'm thinking of. It will also start navigating with no additional input.

Reactions: johnhoh