Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backward “progress” in 12.5 on Nav search

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I used to type something into the Nav, and search for it, if I typed the name and hit enter the Nav would show a list of matching locations as a list AND show them on the map.
This was useful if I didn’t know the location/ street name of say “home depot” near me, but I know it’s the one a couple of miles southish. I could see it in the screen and select the right one.
Now when you hit enter it just sets the first result in the list to be the destination and starts navigating.
And if you don’t press enter and then after the results show in the list you try and scroll around the map, it simply wipes the search.
You’re just expected to select from the list only.
This is a step back in usability and a waste of that giant map that is right there doing nothing…

I’ll have to check that out in my car when I get home, but FWIW, I always use voice commands for navigation and they work flawlessly. It’s a lot easier to say “where is home depot” than to type.

At the moment, I no longer have voice command for navigation because I'm one of those premium connectivity customers bumped down to alternating between 3g and no connection.

As for OP, I don't have the latest update so can't comment but it certainly still shows all locations but I find I have to zoom out quite far to see them. It is as if "If I can't show all of them, I won't show any of them."

And we ran into an issue with a store being long closed in a small town but still showing on the NAV. It wasn't a complete fail because there was a specialty donut shop across the street, so I didn't mind the 20 mile detour.

At the moment, I no longer have voice command for navigation because I'm one of those premium connectivity customers bumped down to alternating between 3g and no connection.

As for OP, I don't have the latest update so can't comment but it certainly still shows all locations but I find I have to zoom out quite far to see them. It is as if "If I can't show all of them, I won't show any of them."

And we ran into an issue with a store being long closed in a small town but still showing on the NAV. It wasn't a complete fail because there was a specialty donut shop across the street, so I didn't mind the 20 mile detour.
Updated my own response since apparently it doesn't show anymore. I was in the car yesterday and tried it. I certainly recalled it showed locations in the past on the map.

I do have the latest NAV, just not the late latest updates for the rest of the system. And I got LTE back cuz Tesla has fixed that problem with their carrier here in Canada.