Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need 20" wheel advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my situation. I have a Model 3 Performance with the 20" wheels and Michelin PS4S tires. For the winter, I would like a set of winter wheels with appropriate snow tires that I can swap in my garage. I have done this with several previous cars and my floor jack and torque wrench are ready to go (although I will need to acquire the appropriate pucks for the Tesla).

With previous cars, I have used the stock wheels for the snow tires and I have purchased lighter wheels for use with the summer tires. I would like to do the same thing here as the stock 20" Tesla wheels are fairly heavy (and mine sadly have some curb rash ;-).

Thus, can anyone suggest 20" wheels of decent quality in the 20 to 22 pound weight range that won't destroy my wallet?

TIA

Here is my situation. I have a Model 3 Performance with the 20" wheels and Michelin PS4S tires. For the winter, I would like a set of winter wheels with appropriate snow tires that I can swap in my garage. I have done this with several previous cars and my floor jack and torque wrench are ready to go (although I will need to acquire the appropriate pucks for the Tesla).

With previous cars, I have used the stock wheels for the snow tires and I have purchased lighter wheels for use with the summer tires. I would like to do the same thing here as the stock 20" Tesla wheels are fairly heavy (and mine sadly have some curb rash ;-).

Thus, can anyone suggest 20" wheels of decent quality in the 20 to 22 pound weight range that won't destroy my wallet?

TIA

Sounds like you want another set of 20” - no suggestions. Note that 20” tires
tend to be less affordable than 18” ones.

Konig makes affordable 18” wheels that fit (e.g. Dekagram, Hypergram). Have not looked at prices for their 19” and 20” options, if they exist.

For approximately the same offset you need about ET35 to ET37. If you tighten carefully, hub-centric rings are not needed.

NOTE: corrected my error on offset. Rotor hats are about 3mm thinner on P3D+.

Last edited:

TIA

So, you are looking for forged wheels (only way to get anywhere near those weights) that are (relatively) cheap? Hah!

VS forged is really the only under $700 a corner option. And they might be 22 lbs?

Wallet destruction and really lightweight are pretty much synonymous.

As another poster has already pointed out, 18-inch wheels are probably the way to go in terms of winter tires but if you really want 20s, then by all means get the VS Forged, put your summer Tires on those and the best winter tire for the car for your stock Tesla Wheels in a milder climate is the Michelin Pilot Sport all-season 3+ as long as you don't have a boat load of snow. But that 20 in winter setup is definitely going to mean an increased risk of bent rims and even blown tires.

Last edited: