TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need 4 TPMS Sensors for new Model S

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by BestRadar, Jan 19, 2017.

1. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

I seen threads where some folks picked up the new TPMS sensors at a Tesla Service center for $18 a piece which is a great deal but the closest service center is over 1 1/2 hours away from me. I was hoping to be able to buy them online and have them mailed to save me a trip. Anyone know where to get OEM TPMS sensors online?

2. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

www.tirerack.com.

3. wiredprairie

wiredprairie Member

I called my nearest service center (which is 155 miles away) and they FedEx'd them to me. I paid about $60 each (so I don't know where you saw $18?) plus S/H.

When I asked, he said non Tesla provided TPMS sensors may not always work.

4. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

I was referring to the many people in this thread that got them from Tesla for $18

TPMS Sensors

5. wiredprairie

wiredprairie Member

I don't know why one SC would be that much cheaper than another.

I just wanted to say what my experience just last month was for a Model S and how they'd handled it for me.

(And I thought the sensors in that post were for the Roadster, not the S, but it was getting a bit hard to follow).

6. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

I ended up contacting the service center which was out of state and they sold me 4 TPMS Sensors and shipped it for $106 total.

7. wiredprairie

wiredprairie Member

What SC did you use? I just talked with a service center manager from an IL location and he said they're all $50 ..., so he'd like to find out where you'd gotten them.

8. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

Devon PA, Originally they were charging me $50 and I asked are you sure those are the newer ones that fit my new Model S picked up in December which are supposed to be less expensive and then they came back with... "I have received this message. You are correct, the total for the sensors came to be $106.00 including tax" so they were half the price including shipping and tax.

There are 2 versions of the TPMS sensors. I am not sure when the change occurred.

9. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

Here is the part information:
    TPMS, SENSOR, 433 MHz SILVER VALVE
    STEM (1034602-00-B)

10. wiredprairie

wiredprairie Member

Thanks! I've forwarded this info to my SC to see what the story is with the mysterious price discrepancy. :)

I'll post an update when I've got one.

11. Carlosas

Carlosas Member

have all 4 sensors you need