Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need exhaust for warming calves!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Denver stock show, which has many rural ranchers in attendance. A booth was advertising an insulated box for warming up newborn calves. I asked where it gets energy for heat. Answer: "that the beauty of it, it gets heat from the exhaust of your pickup truck. You always have easily available heat!" ...... ah......not only does this seem inefficient, but I have a Tesla, not a pickup truck. I guess urban and rural are different worlds. What will they think when the EV pickups come out in 1-2 years? The world is changing......

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
I was at the Denver stock show, which has many rural ranchers in attendance. A booth was advertising an insulated box for warming up newborn calves. I asked where it gets energy for heat. Answer: "that the beauty of it, it gets heat from the exhaust of your pickup truck. You always have easily available heat!" ...... ah......not only does this seem inefficient, but I have a Tesla, not a pickup truck. I guess urban and rural are different worlds. What will they think when the EV pickups come out in 1-2 years? The world is changing......
My initial reaction was "you're putting exhaust, AKA carbon monoxide laden gases, where?"

I suppose they've got a heat exchanger or something set up, but cripie on a bike that's only one little leak away from unplanned veal. Did you notice any "not for human use" stickers anywhere?

Not where those folks live my friend.

Reactions: coleAK