Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need for Tesla Advertising / PR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Major addition in bold:
  1. Booking and going on a test drive
  2. Ordering on-line, leasing
    1. No haggling - I think this is a huge benefit that is under appreciated
    2. Ordering on-line
    3. Leasing
    4. Loans
  3. What's different when you pickup car - screen, no buttons
  4. Superchargers, range
  5. Charging at home
  6. Impact on environment
  7. Safety
  8. Perfomance - faster than a Lambo
  9. Servicing, little maintenance, rangers
  10. Autopilot
  11. FSD coming

Solar etc in future campaigns.

Closest that we have gotten to my list. This is simple enough to send to your parents that don't yet get it.

Seriously? IG is not mainstream. It's not filled with doubters or tech-ignorant people.

Why is Tesla so averse to paying a normal amount for some normal outlet, video advertising? I'm thinking TV, Amazon Prime, even a series of billboards (one focused on safety, another on range, another on operating value...) Gary Black has made the financial case for how this would be more cost-effective than price cuts.

Unfortunately we know the answer: because Elon has an outsized bias against the mainstream media. He adds more benefits to TSLA, but his view and action on media is not helping here IMO.

Reactions: navguy12
When the original Roadster came out it was $100k. She locked in on that and never gave Tesla or any other EV a second thought. For that matter until I did my research I thought an EV was way out my price range. It’s real simple. The infomercial I described above would give those sitting on the fence, or at least the curious, the impetus to dig a bit further.

Off topic a bit. We both are getting new cars. The MY I’m looking at is going to be several thousand dollars LESS than the Subaru Outback she’s ordering.
Your wife is going to regret her decision every week when she has to go refill her antique Subaru gas tank, or maybe she enjoys weekly trips to the dirty, stinky gas pumps? She should hold off until you get your Model Y

• Funny
Reactions: Doggydogworld
I even pointed out two which distinctly have not, Ferrari and Porsche. There are a number fo the examples that are not distributed in North America.
Since the famous John Wanamaker said: "I know I waste at least half the money I spend on Advertising. The problem is that I don't know which half", people have regular asked questions about effectiveness.

Since you are positive I am wrong then you might explain why so many companies and people are still using coal to generate power and heat. Just because something si demonstrably factually incorrect does not mean that many people manage to be convinced that is is really a good thing. Just think of all the people with vested interests to promote coal, oil etc.

General Advertising is the same. Once it was the only way, before the internet, before direct marketing. Back then there was newspaper, then radio the Television. Television generated the advertising business as it still exists. General Advertising is the ICE equivalent. "Everyone"
knows it's what to do because 'everyone does it'. That is your argument.

To all of you who are denying these posts, I suggest you consider how much communication and daily discourse have changed since, 1993 when ICANN was formed and the internet began to take shape. in the 21 years since then all of Marketing and Advertising have totally changed. Anybody doing, in 2024, what they did in 1992 is doomed to mediocrity or failure.
Those who stick to ICE are very similar to those who stick to General Advertising. Some still seem robust but their direction is negative.

I'm genuinely sorry for those of us who fail to understand this. By not understanding you also cannot understand Google (not Alphabet), Amazon, Tesla or Apple. Use of advertising by all of those is highly selective and focussed on very specific goals. The famous Apple Super Bowl ad is actually an example of highly selective very specifc goals.

Just think about 1993 vs 2024 and you'll all, hopefully, begin to understand just how huge the changes have been. Frankly I was incredibly lucky to have been in the midst when 1193 happened so was lucky enough to be helping to find new tools. Had I not had that incredible luck I would not have found AAPL, TSLA and I'd probably never have been in the middle of the Great Migration from General Advertising to Targeting and Direct Response.

Just like ICE more people accept the past of Advertsing than see the future and even the present. That is sad.

Now I'm finished on this subject. It feels rather like trying to teach a new language to people who thing their single tongue should be the only one for the world. Since i live in a multilingual world I don't have the luxury to be ignoring new realities.

I teased my Realtor who showed up in a new Honda CR-V or Pilot (they all look the same). I asked him why he bought an antique gas car. He said it was the best car money could buy and he could drive everywhere. I told him I wake up with a full battery and asked him why he liked going to gas stations and getting oil changes. He got defensive and I decided to change the subject.