Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help keeping the the backs of the second row clean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably a long shot, but was wondering if any has found a way to keep hair/fuzz of the back of their second row seats?

My X looks great, and the white seats are incredible! (My youngest recently blew out a diaper on the second row, and everything whiped right off with a single swipe) However, every time I go to put my kids in the third row the carpet seat backs of the second row are covered in hair, strings, fuzz, etc. It bugs me probably more than it should, but I just wished it looked as clean as the rest of the car.

If no one has had any luck keeping things off them, how about cleaning them? My shop vac (not sure I have the ideal tip on it) is awful at pulling everything off.

Thanks for any tips!

What configuration do you have? 7 seater or 6?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4N4AGC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_6?psc=1

We have something like this. It's made by Brica and it's just something that has velcro to attach to any head rest area, and has elastic on the bottom so it can conform to any seat back. I use them to protect the front seat backs, but I don't see why they wouldn't work for the 2nd row seat backs. My wife said the ones we use have been discontinued, but you can look for something like this.

We have the seven seat configuration, and the clarofy I'm looking for something to go on the back of the 60/40 folding seats.

I'll have to check out TopFit for sure.

Topfit was the only choice when I was looking about a year ago that still allows you to fold it down.

In general, it looks good and stays clean from stuff like fuzz. They're easy to clean if you get them dirty too. Pretty flat and lets you retain foldability. It's velcro'd on but hasn't moved since I got it. It's water resistant to stains; but it doesn't capture any liquids. So if you do get a spill, expect it to roll right off onto the floor. Also a negative is that it's not the most durable, pets with nails/claws will rip it.

This is probably a long shot, but was wondering if any has found a way to keep hair/fuzz of the back of their second row seats?

My X looks great, and the white seats are incredible! (My youngest recently blew out a diaper on the second row, and everything whiped right off with a single swipe) However, every time I go to put my kids in the third row the carpet seat backs of the second row are covered in hair, strings, fuzz, etc. It bugs me probably more than it should, but I just wished it looked as clean as the rest of the car.

If no one has had any luck keeping things off them, how about cleaning them? My shop vac (not sure I have the ideal tip on it) is awful at pulling everything off.

Thanks for any tips!

I have ordered the Model X 6-seat with console and am planning to have either a clear film or carbon fiber-looking wrap (which supposedly can be removed without damaging the underlying finish) installed to the rear of the first and second row seat at the time I have the paint-protection film installed on the exterior. I'm also considering some carbon fiber wrap to the mirrors and perhaps the spoiler. Has anyone else had the protective film applied? Have you considered this?

we have been using a product called canvasback on our Mercedes GL550. in fact we have had the original liner set for 7 years on 2 diff generations of GL's. it is really functional, sturdy and looks good. what it does the best is allow split folding seats to move independently without having to remove or change the liner in any way -- which is exactly what i needed.

i do not have it on our Model X because they do not make one for just the third row area (yet). they are not a large company so it takes them a while to custom fit new canvasbacks. they do however make one for the 7 seater version of the Model X. here is a link:

Tesla Model X Cargo Liners | Canvasback.com

IMHO, the pictures don't really do it justice. it's a very thick black canvas material, quite sturdy and looks smooth. we have dragged a lot of cargo along the canvasback in 7 years and it's protected the felt/carpet from stains, moisture, sand, debris, etc. it wipes clean with a damp cloth and hasn't budged an inch since the day i first velcro'd it down to the carpet.

for our Model X, i didn't want to go without a liner for long so i tried the topfit solution and it looks like luxury, although i don't know how it will stand the test of time. it has a quilted pattern so i think if you drag a heavy crate or something across it, it may scratch the material, bunch up, or get hung up in the seams. the canvasback is smooth so that won't happen and makes it a snap to clean or wipe down.