Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need recommendations : Tesla Approved Body shops San Diego

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our week old Model Y got rear ended :( The other driver's insurance has accepted full responsibility and would be paying for the repairs. The repairs would need bumper and potential rear door replacement. While Amato's seem to be booked until September, I'm looking for recommendations on other body shops that folks here may have used around San Diego area.

Amato's is the best by far. I believe Tesla Mira Mesa has a contract with a nearby Penske shop, and they did rock chip repair on my rear doors as well as touch up of some factory defects. Their paint work was very good quality but they beat the heck out of the exterior (scratched trim, heavy swirls, etc.) and it took a while to make that all right through Tesla.

+1 on Amato's. They did an excellent job, and the cost was very reasonable (I was paying out of pocket).

BTW: AJ (I live less than a mile from them) was quoting me 2-3 times for the same work. I use them a lot, but not for these kinds of repairs, so hard to recommend them.