Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Repairs While on Travel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gnuarm

Model X 100 with 72 amp chargers
My model X seems to have driveline problems again. When I got new tires the vendor said they saw grease being slung from the axle. Since then I've noticed a swishing noise on acceleration and sometimes even normal highway speed, around 20 kW. I want to take it to the Rockville center, but presently I'm living in Puerto Rico only returning for one night a week. I'm not able to return longer than this at a time. So the car is parked at BWI for six nights and five days every week.

If I drop the car at the Rockville service center and they give a loner it can be awkward if they want me to return when I'm in Puerto Rico. They can start charging for the use of the loaner. Is there a way they can pay my transportation costs to and from the airport, etc. (Uber perhaps?) while they have the car? Anyone used that before?

Uber ride credits are provided by the two area Tesla centers ILO loaners, which are rarer than hen teeth. The credits are only for the time they have your vehicle. To the best of my knowledge there are no geographic limits so it would appear you could use the credits to/from the airport BUT probably not past a day or so after they notify you that your vehicle is ready for pick up.