Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Roadster Owners' Opinions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 208154 So, I'm also looking for a roadster. Last week, a few days before Christmas, I went to look at a roadster here in Raleigh at one of the local used dealers. They are legit, previously had a 2010 orange 2.0 for $56k that I test drove, but sold in a matter of days. So I went to see this latest car before any details were disclosed in the autotrader listing. Turns out it is #630 black 2010 2.0 for $54k and 33k miles. This was my daughter's first time seeing a roadster in person, so I had to get a snapshot! Anyway, another example of a great deal on a roadster, I'm sure this will not last! As I'm looking for a sport version, with fusion red high on my list, this car wasn't for me unfortunately.

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=446482243
Happy New Year, Rotary Power :)
Sorry (dernit) to say, I don't have a (fusion red!) Roadster for sale.
Your handle makes methink that you're a Wenkel enthusiast, as well. I do have an '88 RX7 Anniversary with ~20K miles garage queen that I bought new that I need to part with.
Just taking a shot....good luck with your Roadster search, found mine 9 months ago.

Happy New Year, Rotary Power :)
Sorry (dernit) to say, I don't have a (fusion red!) Roadster for sale.
Your handle makes methink that you're a Wenkel enthusiast, as well. I do have an '88 RX7 Anniversary with ~20K miles garage queen that I bought new that I need to part with.
Just taking a shot....good luck with your Roadster search, found mine 9 months ago.

Ha! I have a 3rd gen. ' 94 twin turbo Rx-7 touring.....really cool car, but talk about reliability, it's a challenge, to say the least. I decided earlier this year, we will never buy another ICE machine. Time to move forward, and I think the roadster would be a logical next step from the Rx-7. Hum....when it happens, I've got to decide if I want to change my email and forum user IDs.....I've got rotarypower engrained in all my identities all over the net!

I have owned a few Porsche 911s (67 911s, 86 911, 72 S, X50 Turbo), Elise a 914, and RX7, and two roadsters. The Elise was like a kit car, The X50 Turbo was far more comfortable than the Roadster, but I sold it to get a second roadster. The history of the roadster and the effortless acceleration. wow. My first one was a standard 2010, and I missed it when I sold it due to a move. But I do like the sport a lot more. Even the sound. Especially since missing the air / oil cooled sound is an issue. Having the jet engine noise helps you get over it.
The sill is lower than the Elise, so we who are 6'3 and taller have a much easier time. I prefer the roadster over most of the Porsches, but a 67 911S is almost as fun in a different way, but that will set you back $200K! If I had the $$$, maybe a 67 911S coupe and a roadster sport, even though the Roadster is a stiff ride and a little rattly. Although my 78K car feels just as solid as my old 10K car. .Insurance on the Roadster is painful. I had to produce a supercar driving and track resume for Hagerty before they would insure it, and the price was still high. You have to drive one. They make no sense, but you will be hooked. Your beloved Mustang, Porsche or Ferrari hobby will be over!

Insurance on the Roadster is painful. I had to produce a supercar driving and track resume for Hagerty before they would insure it, and the price was still high.
Interesting. We have our cars and home insured through Kemper, and when I got the Roadster I just called up the agent and added it to the policy. Didn't have any fuss. The policy was more than the other cars (slightly higher than our daughter's Honda Civic), but not outrageous.