Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Sale Feedback-2016 Model S60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If an when you do sell, keep in mind that you are also competing against a brand new 75 (just stopped selling RWD model) that is a 4.3 0-60 with glass roof standard, air susp std, etc so the competition isn't just other used, it's new ones

Hoping to not ever sell at this point and run this thing into the ground. It is the perfect vehicle in my eyes and it was custom built to our liking with AP, free supercharging for life, and a quick ability to make it a 75 if needed. Air suspension is more trouble than it is worth and an unnecessary addition, i have a panorama roof so glass roof doesn't appeal to me.

Not to mention the deal I got on my financing with under 1% interest, I cannot beat that if I jumped into a new loan.

I weighed our options and this car is still the one to beat and with the feedback here and multiple kids, we will make it work.

Thanks for the info though.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
Thank you for all the feedback.

After looking through our options, what we owe, and current possible amounts we could sell for....we are going to hold off on a decision until baby time gets closer. :)

I really appreciate all the true parents, Tesla and informational feedback!

You might want to rethink the issue of available storage. I didn't see whether you are RWD or not, but if so, you have lots of space in the frunk. In addition, when the entire family is not riding, the rear facing seats fold down into the footwell, so you don't lose too much space in those circumstance.

A set of rear facing seats would be far cheaper than trading cars, and it might do you for years. It could get those booster seats out of the second row of seating, so you would free up as much space as the rear seats would take up anyway. If it didn't work out you could probably recover most of the cost of the seats when you sold.

Co-incidentally, I just happen to have the seats and hardware (except for the bumper reinforcement brace) for sale (LOL). PM if you are interested.

Last edited:
You might want to rethink the issue of available storage. I didn't see whether you are RWD or not, but if so, you have lots of space in the frunk. In addition, when the entire family is not riding, the rear facing seats fold down into the footwell, so you don't lose too much space in those circumstance.

A set of rear facing seats would be far cheaper than trading cars, and it might do you for years. It could get those booster seats out of the second row of seating, so you would free up as much space as the rear seats would take up anyway. If it didn't work out you could probably recover most of the cost of the seats when you sold.

Co-incidentally, I just happen to have the seats and hardware (except for the bumper reinforcement brace) for sale (LOL). PM if you are interested.

How hard is it to install and does Tesla have to install?

I am back and have decided to formally sell my S as we are now in the configuration period for the Model 3.

I am still looking for price offers but thinking somewhere in the $60K ballpark but curious on what others feel is average for this configuration.

Thank you!!!

Thank you for the feedback. I figured it would be a little different than a normal car especially with dealerships not knowing what to price it at. We need to move to a big SUV or something of that size. With 2 kids its a fantastic family car...3 and now it becomes obsolete for our family.

I will see if I can find the sticker but here are some pics throughout the year of ownership and some details on it:

AP1
Black leather/Black paint
Panoramic roof
Luxury package or what it was called?
Power lift gate
Black wood inside....forgot the name