Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to make a decision fast to take what they have or wait for my build design.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

So i have order placed for MYLR black ext white int. I got acourtesy call from my SA that my edd is dec 2022 but there is a chance it can be pushed to Jan 2023 and they have a brand new 2023 MYLR with same design except black interior and white exterior.

My edd is still showing december 2022.

Should i take the plunge with black interior over white interior. (I am okay with white exterior)
Is there any other new feature that i have a possibility of getting if i wait till end of decmeber or January .
Any questions i should be asking ?
The thing is I will be without a car in a week.(current car is total loss and have rental for a week after which i might have to pay rental out of pocket)
Please and thank you for your opinions.

That's all your preference unfortunately as it's really you that will be living with the vehicle. I've read that folks in the forum have been waiting for their white interior so it is likely that you will not see your car until Jan 2023.

No one really knows what you features they will add or even remove come Jan 2023 unfortunately. However, the car that's already there, the 2023 MYLR, you can ask if it has the Matrix headlights (Some have been upgraded due to availability of the regular light), USS is like removed but you can confirm that the model will have the comfort suspension.

Now that you mention the glare, i do have a lot of floaters in my eye and watching white interior may make them more visible during day drives.
So i did go ahead with the black interior and taking delivery tomorrow at 1pm.
Thank you everyone for theier opinions.

Reactions: boulder.dude
Now that you mention the glare, i do have a lot of floaters in my eye and watching white interior may make them more visible during day drives.
So i did go ahead with the black interior and taking delivery tomorrow at 1pm.
Thank you everyone for theier opinions.
I bought an aftermarket fixture to cover the white on the dashboard. I could not see in the wing mirrors backing into a shaded carport from glare from the white dash. It was an OK solution, and I like the white otherwise.

It doesn't sound like a mobile charger would qualify here:
credit of 30% of the hardware and installation costs for EV chargers installed at their homes in 2022

Doesn't sound like it. There is a link to the IRS form there though. It talks about property that's placed in service... I guess it depends on how creative an account you are? :)

It doesn't sound like a mobile charger would qualify here:
credit of 30% of the hardware and installation costs for EV chargers installed at their homes in 2022

Doesn't sound like it. There is a link to the IRS form there though. It talks about property that's placed in service... I guess it depends on how creative an account you are? :)
That's for 23 tax season. So it's 22 installed.