Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEMA 14-50 Installation in Vancouver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, I'm sure I'm eagerly waiting for my Model 3, like many of you. While I wait, I am trying to plan out charging for the car but I have some challenges.

I live in an apartment building downtown and dealing with strata will likely be a little bit of a hassle. There is a public charger a block away so not really that urgent.

Instead of installing a wall charger, I've decided the best way to get by strata and not have them lose our on any incentives, is to install a NEMA 14-50 near my parking stall.

Has anyone here done something similar (installing either a charging station or NEMA 14-50 outlet) in an apartment? If so:
  • did you need to add in a new/separate meter to track usage?
  • how did you lock the outlet to prevent thieves from stealing power?
  • Any recommendation on a contractor that would be able to provide a quote for materials, labour and permitting (as needed)?
Thanks,

Maybe you ought to try turning it around the other way and showing building management how it can be advantageous and attract the right renters if they install some Tesla destination chargers...
I should have specified, the strata is looking into putting in charging stations in the visitors parking area, but that will likely take a year or so before it's approved and built out.