Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nema 14/50

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless the item is out of stock 2 to 3 weeks when ordered from the Tesla store online is normal. If you are really in a bind the NEMA 14-50 adapter is sometimes a stock item available at the local Tesla Service Center. Then you can return the 14-50 adapter your ordered online when it arrives.

Unless the item is out of stock 2 to 3 weeks when ordered from the Tesla store online is normal. If you are really in a bind the NEMA 14-50 adapter is sometimes a stock item available at the local Tesla Service Center. Then you can return the 14-50 adapter your ordered online when it arrives.
So I called my service center today. They said they had sold them there and were in stock. I went there, the guy at the front said they only do online orders and I have to buy it online. So unless he didn’t know what he was talking about, I may try again tomorrow.

So I called my service center today. They said they had sold them there and were in stock. I went there, the guy at the front said they only do online orders and I have to buy it online. So unless he didn’t know what he was talking about, I may try again tomorrow.
You need to order the adapter via the Tesla app (open a service request, note that you need a NEMA 14-50 adapter for the Gen2 Mobile Connector.) The Service Center completes the service request online, processes the charge online ($45.00 plus sales tax.) This is charged to your Tesla account and closes the service request. You can then pick up the adapter. (The Service center does not have a Cashier; All payments are completed online once the work has been performed and a determination has been made as to whether the work is covered under warranty or if you have to pay for the repair or replacement part. In this case, once the part has been paid for it is ready for pickup.)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
You need to order the adapter via the Tesla app (open a service request, note that you need a NEMA 14-50 adapter for the Gen2 Mobile Connector.) The Service Center completes the service request online, processes the charge online ($45.00 plus sales tax.) This is charged to your Tesla account and closes the service request. You can then pick up the adapter. (The Service center does not have a cashier; All payments are completed online once the work has been performed and a determination has been made as to whether the work is covered under warranty or if you have to pay for the repair or replacement part. In this case, once the part has been paid for it is ready for pickup.)
What service do I choose on the app?

Interesting. I purchased a Nema 14-50 pigtail, and a J1772 plug adapter today at my local Service Center in Ft. Worth. They had both in stock, in fact have 5 of the 14-50 connectors. I paid $45 for the 14-50, and $95 for the J1772.

Sloth: I'd be happy to pick one of the Nema 14-50 adapters up and overnight it to you, if you need it in a hurry. Easy for me to do! Send me a pm.

Interesting. I purchased a Nema 14-50 pigtail, and a J1772 plug adapter today at my local Service Center in Ft. Worth. They had both in stock, in fact have 5 of the 14-50 connectors. I paid $45 for the 14-50, and $95 for the J1772.

Sloth: I'd be happy to pick one of the Nema 14-50 adapters up and overnight it to you, if you need it in a hurry. Easy for me to do! Send me a pm.
That’s very nice of you. I am going to try to go to my service center again and see. Maybe there was a mistake. I will let you know. Did you make an appointment to go to the service center or just walk in?

Last edited:
I ordered Nema 14-50 on 5/27 from Tesla’s website and received on 5/29 via fedex. Shipped from CA to CA—not sure if they have different regional distribution centers. Sounds like something may have happened with your order. Have you tried emailing Tesla for an update? I emailed them about something and they responded. [email protected]
I did they told me items can take up to 5-7 business days to dispatch due to order volume

Reactions: BGoodSD
I'm only 7 miles from my SC, and made no appointment. I've gotten to know the folks there, because I'll drop by every few weeks to say hi. I did this prior to taking delivery, so they know I'm a bit obsessive about my cars!

Sloth: let me know. Very easy for me to get one for you.

I'm only 7 miles from my SC, and made no appointment. I've gotten to know the folks there, because I'll drop by every few weeks to say hi. I did this prior to taking delivery, so they know I'm a bit obsessive about my cars!

Sloth: let me know. Very easy for me to get one for you.
I’m going to try again today. If not I will let you know. Thank you again for your offer!

I ordered 6/1 and never received mine. It shipped out a few days later, but the tracking number never updated. Kept emailing them asking them to check if the package was lost. They didn't respond so I initiated a chargeback with my credit card and they finally responded last night saying it was lost, but they're out of stock so they can't replace it.