Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Neurio Power Monitor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

So I have solar with no powerwall. Tesla installed a Neurio power monitor but no consumption data shows up in the app. So they came to look at it. The electrician said that it only works with the powerwall and they shouldn't have installed it. Question is, is there any way to see the data. I see Generac bought neurio but I can't seem to make an account to use the app. Any suggestions?

Also any proof that it should work. From what I read people have it working with out a powerwall. I need something to take back and explain that it should work.

Thanks

I have a Neurio which I bought online and it worked after Generac purchased Neurio. I don't know how the Tesla ones are configured. You should be able to see it on your wireless network. The issue maybe that the Tesla version may be reporting to a different cloud.

Also any proof that it should work. From what I read people have it working with out a powerwall. I need something to take back and explain that it should work.
I have a Neurio that Tesla installed along with my solar roof and no powerwalls. In the Tesla app, I'm able to see home/grid consumption along with solar generation coming from my Delta inverter. However, my install was done in December 2020 before Tesla switched to their own inverters and phased out use of the Neurio devices. It seems like it should be possible to get your setup working, but it is also possible that your Neurio device is different and/or something different about your inverter and gateway setup makes the Neurio not work with Tesla's data collection process (which is what ultimately has to work for you to see the data in the Tesla app).

There are different types or configurations of Neurio devices. If you have no Powerwall and no Tesla inverter, then it must be using Zigbee to communicate with the black solar gateway device. Other configurations use WiFi to communicate with the Powerwall Backup Gateway or Tesla inverter computer.

I was able to connect the neurio to my wifi today. I'm wondering what is next. I'm hoping the Tesla App will show consumption data tomorrow.
There has to be an explicit connection between that Neurio device and your Tesla account. It's not going to magically start working. It needs to be paired or registered by Tesla so it is linked to your account and what the measurement means.

Delta inverter
My understanding is that the Delta inverters Tesla installed only speak Zigbee to the black gateway box. I am pretty sure that when they used to install the Neurio with that setup, it would communicate Zigbee too and it would all go through the black gateway. I don't know how a WiFi Neurio could upload data to the Tesla backend servers.

You have the black gateway box from Tesla, right?

My understanding is that the Delta inverters Tesla installed only speak Zigbee to the black gateway box. I am pretty sure that when they used to install the Neurio with that setup, it would communicate Zigbee too and it would all go through the black gateway. I don't know how a WiFi Neurio could upload data to the Tesla backend servers.

You have the black gateway box from Tesla, right?
Yes I have a black Tesla box.