Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course *sugar* happens. And if GM does it to you all the time, you will say screw it and never order from them again. (If you're driving a Tesla and a Corvette, that's an interesting dichotomy, but I'll leave that for another time.)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tesla is rapidly losing its goodwill through its shoddy build quality, poor reliability and scary customer service. I'm not a huge GM fan, but I will assume that Corvette owners have a lot of love and goodwill for their cars, and will typically forgive GM because of a supply issue.

I seriously doubt that GM knows it can't fulfill the Z51 package when you order your Vette, and figures you'd just deal with it at a later point.

GM does not collect non-refundable deposits. This endless deposit ploy of Tesla's is getting kind of old.

These are refundable. They're being refunded, unless you'd prefer to take the new vehicle with a $2,000 discount. Come on - again, they've already gone above and beyond their obligations and any reasonable expectation. The only reason people are angry is they aren't getting away with "tricking" a company into giving them the new thing at the old price.

These are refundable. They're being refunded, unless you'd prefer to take the new vehicle with a $2,000 discount. Come on - again, they've already gone above and beyond their obligations and any reasonable expectation. The only reason people are angry is they aren't getting away with "tricking" a company into giving them the new thing at the old price.
It's good to hear they are refunding the deposit in this case. They refused to refund my deposit when they botched my M3 order - so maybe they're getting tired of being browbeat all the time over these deposits.

I actually agree with you, and am sure plenty of folks were trying to "game" the situation. But Tesla started this nightmarish procession long ago. And Elon does nothing but fuel it all the time. Raise the price by $1000 this week... lower it $2000 next week... FSD is 10K... no it's 8K.

If Tesla itself would stop with the bipolar pricing moves - customers would realize they can't play the games either.

It's good to hear they are refunding the deposit in this case. They refused to refund my deposit when they botched my M3 order - so maybe they're getting tired of being browbeat all the time over these deposits.

If Tesla cancels your order they have to refund the $100. (And they normally only cancel orders when what you ordered has been discontinued.) If you cancel the order they get to keep it.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
If Tesla cancels your order they have to refund the $100. (And they normally only cancel orders when what you ordered has been discontinued.) If you cancel the order they get to keep it.
In my case, the car was supposed to be delivered 3-to-4 weeks. 12 weeks in they kept pushing back the delivery date. Yeah I chose to cancel it. They should have quickly returned my $100 and apologized.

Now my next EV will not be a Tesla. See how this customer satisfaction thing works ?

Reactions: InternetDude

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not mad about not being able to "trick" anyone. The $69,4xx price was already a reach for anything I have ever paid for a car. I wasn't on any of these forums when I placed my order, and was not aware of any shutdown/facelift. I started looking at used Tesla's and for grins, I went to the website to see what they cost new. I was suprised people were asking the same price for used, so I decided to buy new. I put in my order, I even bought a Tesla home wall charger which arrives tomorrow. I passed up on many used deals, and have been very excited about my new car. All the while, Tesla took my order, took my deposit, had my apply for financing, knowing damn good and well they had no intention of filling my order. Now I'm stuck. They should either honor the price they quoted on a facelift S or I would be perfectly content with a 2021 pre-facelift LR+. But they refuse to do either. That is a complete scam, as they knew they were never going to honor my contract.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not mad about not being able to "trick" anyone. The $69,4xx price was already a reach for anything I have ever paid for a car. I wasn't on any of these forums when I placed my order, and was not aware of any shutdown/facelift. I started looking at used Tesla's and for grins, I went to the website to see what they cost new. I was suprised people were asking the same price for used, so I decided to buy new. I put in my order, I even bought a Tesla home wall charger which arrives tomorrow. I passed up on many used deals, and have been very excited about my new car. All the while, Tesla took my order, took my deposit, had my apply for financing, knowing damn good and well they had no intention of filling my order. Now I'm stuck. They should either honor the price they quoted on a facelift S or I would be perfectly content with a 2021 pre-facelift LR+. But they refuse to do either. That is a complete scam, as they knew they were never going to honor my contract.

Yeah - our friend in JAX got totally screwed. And besides speaking up on the forum, I'm sure he's telling his frustrating story to all the friends and neighbors. I did the same thing when I got screwed with my M3 order.

If you love Tesla, eat from Elon's plate etc - and don't think that stories like ours trickle down and affect sales - you're smoking the stuff you still can't get legally in CA.

Not sure what else Tesla could have done. They sent out tons of indications that they were about to do the refresh that has been long rumored.
They Raised pricing for distant European deliveries.
Announced they were intending to sell all current stock, demo units and inventory S & X.
Announced they were shutting down their assembly lines for at least 6 weeks in preparation for changes.

Of course they, like other manufacturers, do not tend to comment on future products other than generalized intentions.
They have been long known for increasing or decreasing pricing due to many factors.
They never gurantee delivery of any specific car.
They have a well publicised policy of continous innovation and changes throughtout the year, not just annual model change overs.

Understand that some would be upset, but expecting a company to spill the beans on major changes might be asking too much.

I was told by my advisor that I could opt for the pre-refresh that I had on order if I wanted to, or pay the extra (less $2000) for the updated model. So it seemed that sticking with what I ordered originally was an option... maybe it's worth exploring that?

Not sure what else Tesla could have done. They sent out tons of indications that they were about to do the refresh that has been long rumored.
Announced they were intending to sell all current stock, demo units and inventory S & X.
Announced they were shutting down their assembly lines for at least 6 weeks in preparation for changes.

Of course they, like other manufacturers, do not tend to comment on future products other than generalized intentions.
They have been long known for increasing or decreasing pricing due to many factors.
They have a well publicised policy of continous innovation and changes throughtout the year, not just annual model change overs.

Understand that some would be upset, but expecting a company to spill the beans on major changes might be asking too much.
They could have stopped taking orders for new cars.

Not sure what else Tesla could do???????? Are you kidding??? How about STOP TAKING ORDERS FOR CARS THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF DELIVERING

I was told by my advisor that I could opt for the pre-refresh that I had on order if I wanted to, or pay the extra (less $2000) for the updated model. So it seemed that sticking with what I ordered originally was an option... maybe it's worth exploring that?

How would you get the Pre-Fresh order????? They aren't making them anymore. I would gladly take the car I ordered for the price I agreed on.

So what was your VIN?

You have so many options now:
- Buy used, prices might have dropped since everything is outdated now
- Go buy something else, send the charger back
- Buy the new model

If Tesla only wanted your $$$, then they would have kept their factory running for a few more minutes to build your car. Of course, you might be upset that they released a brand new model making you a very dissatisfied customer. Right now, you're not a customer/owner.

Reactions: SilverGS
Not sure what else Tesla could do???????? Are you kidding??? How about STOP TAKING ORDERS FOR CARS THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF DELIVERING

Well, that isn't a reasonable request considering how things work, so I guess it's unfortunate that you got screwed by buying at literally the exact wrong time considering your constraints. Maybe someone will refuse delivery of theirs and you'll get lucky with the car you wanted.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia

Uh... they should have stopped accepting orders for the S in the meantime.

You know - flick the little switch to the proverbial "off" position.

But that's so hard you know -- and would have probably diverted resources from the "fart team."

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
They essentially stopped taking orders by significantly extending the expected delivery times out several months.

My point is that most Woke people could see that something different was coming down the pike.
No they did not, they could have though.

Also woke doesn’t mean what you think it means, and it’s cringe as **** to see an older person use a young persons slang, what’s next you’re gonna link us to your tik tok?