Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Brunswick $5K incentive, Plug-In NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Brunswick has a provincial rebate of $5K in addition to the $5K federal iZEV rebate. The info page is here.

That info page says the following:
Provincial rebates are available to New Brunswickers who buy or lease a qualifying new vehicle, or buy a used electric vehicle, at a licensed dealership in New Brunswick. ...

I've called their support number, to ask if Tesla vehicles qualify, and was told that new Tesla vehicles do not qualify because they are not sold by a dealership located in the province of New Brunswick.

I then contacted a Tesla sales advisor located in Dartmouth NS, and she told me NB customers are indeed getting the rebates. She said that Tesla has a location in a mall in Moncton NB, and that the sales invoice will show that address. Vehicle pick up must be in Dartmouth NS, but they handle the NB DMV registration, and customers are getting their Plug-In NB rebates typically within a few weeks of submitting the documents.

Can anyone from NB confirm that they were able to get the Plug-In NB incentive? My sister is in Fredericton NB, and is considering a Model Y purchase.

Thanks!