Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New facelift of Model S??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I’m seriously considering a new Model S next year and, before I pull the trigger, wanted to check if there was a new facelift planned for the Model S at some point in the near future (ie I don’t want to buy right now if the model is due for an imminent facelift)?

Also, on new model S, is it possible to replace chrome finishes with black as an option (as is possible with many other manufacturers)?

ps - apologies in advance if either of these topics has been asked a million times before.

Cheers, B

Musk has stated no facelift for Model S right now and my sales rep also told me that he heard the only change in the next year *that he is aware of) is the Plaid version that will be introduced in 2020. I just ordered my Model S and had the same concerns.

• Helpful
Reactions: FutureShock
There are definitely *some* changes coming soon, and they will probably be pretty major changes. I'll hold off on a MS for the next few years because of that.
Most likely not cosmetic, heck the X had refreshed seats put in which are basically a modified version of the Model 3 ones but removing the power headrest. IMO they should at least upgrade the taillights to reflect the newer LED technology both the X and 3 use.

Most likely not cosmetic, heck the X had refreshed seats put in which are basically a modified version of the Model 3 ones but removing the power headrest. IMO they should at least upgrade the taillights to reflect the newer LED technology both the X and 3 use.

...no, the new MS/MX seats are completely different than the M3 seats. I just test drove the MS a couple of weeks back and all the seats were much more comfortable than the M3. The new MS/MX seats are a modified version of the old ones.