Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New firmware fixed Autopilot issues I had

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I went my usual commute to work and didn't have to disengage AP once. Went from Onramp to Offramp perfectly in LA traffic.

• It fixed the issue where AP couldn't see slow lane changes where it caused an accident a couple of months ago.

• It fixed the issue of lane haunting at slow speed.

I am very confident now to hand this car to my son once my AWD comes. With the new speed lock feature and much safer AP, this is the safest car on the market.

I can't even post a short clip at 19mb because it's too large but trust me when I say AP is very smooth now with slow merging cars. Seems like the vision is wider now.

• Informative
Reactions: Arpe and chinnam3
Same here - got new firmware Friday, release notes said "bug fixes and minor improvements." Didn't expect much but first thing I noticed when driving was the console seemed to be showing cars further ahead than before, and multiple cars at a distance. On a two lane not-divided road with traffic lights, I used TACC and it started to decelerate much earlier than before, and came to a very smooth stop behind a stopped car at a traffic light that was a couple hundred yards ahead of me when I was going 45 mph. No "roller coaster / fighter pilot" braking to a hard stop.

Maybe I'm hallucinating but seemed to me that both lane change and TACC braking were improved in a big way in this "minor update."

Staging for next month's on-ramp to off-ramp update?

Today I went my usual commute to work and didn't have to disengage AP once. Went from Onramp to Offramp perfectly in LA traffic.

• It fixed the issue where AP couldn't see slow lane changes where it caused an accident a couple of months ago.

• It fixed the issue of lane haunting at slow speed.

I am very confident now to hand this car to my son once my AWD comes. With the new speed lock feature and much safer AP, this is the safest car on the market.

I can't even post a short clip at 19mb because it's too large but trust me when I say AP is very smooth now with slow merging cars. Seems like the vision is wider now.

@sperkin Could you post which version you were on and which version you upgraded to?

@sperkin Could you post which version you were on and which version you upgraded to?

I was on 28.x and updated to 32.2. Before 32.2 AP always had issues with very slow cars changing lanes into me very closely. Now since 32.2 AP seems to see it coming much quicker and not accelerate. However AP is still a couple of seconds behind a real driver would notice his situation but at least now it doesn’t speed up and slams on the brake at the last second.

Also, now the steering wheel doesn’t freak out when going 1 - 3 mphs on AP.