Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Stiffer in Highway Speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really need some help here as the SC are not helping at all after three visits about this issue, my car steering get stiffer in highway speed and it almost locked like AP on, even if AP is on, AP struggling to move the steering smoothly it is like skipping couple movement/angles

Here is a video showing the car steering turning the car on a curved road without me touching the steering and after the road got straight it kept the same angle and drove towards the other lane because it almost locked. Does any one have this issue and know it can be fixed?

These cars can do really crazy things when the battery dies so you should definitely start there. Then an alignment. And finally, the power steering is known to fail.
The Issue was before the battery died and I already fixed it, I did alignment about month ago. Technician said he never heard something like that but I don't know how to let him see it as it needs to be driven for a while until this happens.

I had steering wheel locked on my ‘21 3 twice for a split second when tried to return to center after completing a turn. I had SC review the log and tech found side collision detection intervened(same location, no other cars or walls near car, sensors/ cameras likely detected shadows). I also asked if side collision detection could also cause steering to tighten when freeway curves. The answer is yes. The sensitivity of the safety systems in this car rob some confidence I had in it.