Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hampshire Self-Registration Packet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will mail the documents you'll need to complete registration. Any registration fees will be calculated and collected at the time of registration.

I bought my new Model Y in Paramus last week. I'm wondering how long it typically takes for New Hampshire buyers to receive their self-registration packets. I need the car registration before I can get my transfer station pass.

I bought my new Model Y in Paramus last week. I'm wondering how long it typically takes for New Hampshire buyers to receive their self-registration packets. I need the car registration before I can get my transfer station pass.
I picked up my Y in Paramus on 9/13/23. I scanned the docs on 9/25/23 (based on the file date; wanted to keep a copy). I waited until October to register, in hopes of saving a month of fees and getting a 16-month inspection (vs 4 months), but that didn't work (had to re-inspect 2/24).

I'd love to hear about your experience. I had problems at every step of the purchase. The guys in Peaboy were incredibly helpful, but the call center was another issue. To answer your question, I had my Y delivered on the 4/19, and received the NJ title and P&S in about 9 days. You'll be happy to know that NH has a $100 surcharge added to the registration fees because you're not burning gas <:)

Reactions: adamek
I'd love to hear about your experience. I had problems at every step of the purchase. The guys in Peaboy were incredibly helpful, but the call center was another issue. To answer your question, I had my Y delivered on the 4/19, and received the NJ title and P&S in about 9 days. You'll be happy to know that NH has a $100 surcharge added to the registration fees because you're not burning gas <:)
$100 surcharge, still cheaper than gas. NH has no general sales tax or income tax. It has to get revenue for road maintenance somewhere.

Demo drive in Peabody convinced me I wanted one. Recent price cuts were the trigger for me to actually order. Ordered online on a Friday, got the paperwork the credit union needed on Saturday, picked up the next Monday. Trade in, and pick up in Peabody took a little longer than I expected (I showed up 45 minutes early and met my advisor 30 minutes past the appointment time,) but I could see they were quite busy. Car was charged to 90% on their supercharger. I could have reached home at about 5% with that charge, but I stopped at a supercharger on the Mass Pike when I needed a bathroom break anyway.

Only one problem so far. The trailer light part of the tow package does not work, and the service center in Peabody is backed up for about 4 weeks. Towing capacity was one of my largest decision factors between the 3 & Y.