Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Light / Sign Glitch, What Does it Mean? (Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems like just another video showcasing the new FSD features, but towards the end of the video there is a weird glitch I havent seen yet, any idea what this is about?

It could just be a visualization glitch. Or it could mean that the camera vision got confused by the stop sign for a split split. Perhaps, it briefly got confused about the location of the stop sign so it displayed both locations.

It could just be a visualization glitch. Or it could mean that the camera vision got confused by the stop sign for a split split. Perhaps, it briefly got confused about the location of the stop sign so it displayed both locations.

My guess is that it rounded the corner so quickly that it briefly thought the stop sign was on the left side of the road, and then saw it on the right.

Agreed that this is a glitch in how the feature is being visualized.

Definitely it is mapped stop vs. vision. Currently vision is just frosting for the system (it can stop with vision alone but mapped is what makes the feature presently useable (crutch you much, Mr. Musk??)).

So AP knows about the stop long before it is visible and that is one of the stop signs visualized but vision threw another on there and it had to do the battle between systems before deciding which was worthy of a true stop. That's my take.

Currently vision is just frosting for the system (it can stop with vision alone but mapped is what makes the feature presently useable (crutch you much, Mr. Musk??)).
Clearly you have not tried this release yet for yourself.
It's a mixture of both, the pre-mapped ones allow for a 600ft notice without line of sight, but vision still detects and will stop for unmapped traffic controls.
There a plenty of not mapped stop signs on private roads (gated communities that are not on OpenStreetMaps).
When relying on vision only the car will still stop at the stop signs and unmapped traffic lights as well.
There is a good video of a construction zone - worker holding stop sign and the car handling it gracefully.