Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy Cars and the 2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
So, I just got 2023.44.30.4 on my 2020 MX. Of course I'm happy to get some new features but there are several things that my legacy car can't have, and I don't know why.

Light Show Updates
Sure, I have the original "X-Mas Light Show" and it seems to work fine, however we're missing out on the new light show for some reason. In fact, we're missing out on all the custom light shows for some reason. Damn, the "old" MX vehicles were the showcase for the light show to begin with. Why can't we get a little love?

Traffic Light / Cameras
I just checked my system and I can't see any traffic lights or cameras on my display. Do you have to be navigating somewhere? Do you have to be driving in order for the traffic lights to show up? I can't see why the legacy cars would be left out of this feature.

Live Camera View
I guess I can kinda, maybe see why the legacy cars can't have the live camera view but it sure is disappointing. Is our MCU not powerful enough to stream video over the Internet? What exactly is the problem here?

Reactions: Ron97062
So, I just got 2023.44.30.4 on my 2020 MX. Of course I'm happy to get some new features but there are several things that my legacy car can't have, and I don't know why.

Light Show Updates
Sure, I have the original "X-Mas Light Show" and it seems to work fine, however we're missing out on the new light show for some reason. In fact, we're missing out on all the custom light shows for some reason. Damn, the "old" MX vehicles were the showcase for the light show to begin with. Why can't we get a little love?

Traffic Light / Cameras
I just checked my system and I can't see any traffic lights or cameras on my display. Do you have to be navigating somewhere? Do you have to be driving in order for the traffic lights to show up? I can't see why the legacy cars would be left out of this feature.

Live Camera View
I guess I can kinda, maybe see why the legacy cars can't have the live camera view but it sure is disappointing. Is our MCU not powerful enough to stream video over the Internet? What exactly is the problem here?
For traffic cameras, you have to have a nav route. The icons only appear for the next mile, or so along your route. It took some hours after I installed the latest update before this started working, so give it time.

Light Show Updates

Traffic Light / Cameras

Live Camera View
17 MX been on 2023.44.30.4 for two days but still don't see the Traffic Lights/Camera icons. Have premium connectivity, and enabled the online routing which was already on.

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
Traffic lights/cameras - it was not in the release notes and it's not working for me (2018 MX). Online routing enabled and I have premium connectivity.
My guess it's not available on legacy MX and MS. Disappointing as I don't think there a good reason for that.
Unless someone has it working.
Please ket us know if it's working for you on a legacy MX or MS.

• Informative
My 2017 MS with MCU2 upgrade does not include traffic cameras either… traffic lights and stop signs have always been there with FSD (v11.4.9). No light show or live cameras.
Got Apple Podcasts, Arcade updates, Alternate Routes while driving, and Single Pull FSD. FSD is now giving extra warnings when you activate it, I understand this one, since mine does not have internal camera to monitor eyeballs.
i do wonder how many others have lost intermittent wipers…this has been an issue for a while for mine. Auto-wipers are unsable and they play no role in the non working intermittent wiper issue.

i do wonder how many others have lost intermittent wipers…this has been an issue for a while for mine. Auto-wipers are unsable and they play no role in the non working intermittent wiper issue.
You know, when I had my MY I never understood the complaints about the auto-wipers; the MY wipers were great! When I moved to the MX I suddenly understood the issue; they are absolute crap. I noticed the other day that the intermittent feature doesn't work, or at least doesn't work the way I think it does. Maybe I'll have to read the manual again. 🤔

You know, when I had my MY I never understood the complaints about the auto-wipers; the MY wipers were great! When I moved to the MX I suddenly understood the issue; they are absolute crap. I noticed the other day that the intermittent feature doesn't work, or at least doesn't work the way I think it does. Maybe I'll have to read the manual again. 🤔
So I have no idea why but I am happy to report that intermittent wipers are suddenly working again. I’ve had Tesla service tell me that this is a “known characteristic of current firmware”.
Ok great.
So here is my only possible explanation - I’ve always used auto-wiper for a long time, it was never great in the MS but it was at least usable and I would supplement it’s limitations by using the stalk button (wash wipe). When intermittent wipers stopped working a few software updates ago, I turned OFF auto-wiper beta and it did not have any immediate effects…but…after some time, and maybe even a reset with the setting turned off for my profile and saved in the “brains” somehow….wah-lah!! Intermittent wipers working again. Auto-wiper beta will remain turned off.

I have a 2022 MSLR on 2023.44.30.5.1 with traffic lights on a nav route. However, to me it's not useful and clutters the screen. My driving is not affected by knowing there's a red light camera, stop light or stop sign in three or more intersections. It would also be distracting to look at the map constantly as it moves instead of the road. Not usefull, not needed.

I have a 2022 MSLR on 2023.44.30.5.1 with traffic lights on a nav route. However, to me it's not useful and clutters the screen. My driving is not affected by knowing there's a red light camera, stop light or stop sign in three or more intersections. It would also be distracting to look at the map constantly as it moves instead of the road. Not usefull, not needed.
It may not be useful to you, but it's one of the more requested features. IMO, it's the best part of the Holiday update on my 22 MS.

As with all things, to each their own.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I agree that they could be bothersome on local, well known roads. However, I can definitely see the need if you're traveling or on unfamiliar roads. Knowing that the next turn is at a stop light would be pretty handy.

Also, the update includes speed camera locations as well, which could be .... handy. :D

It would be even more handy if the car were to let you know that you were approaching a speed camera! 😆