Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Member Introduction + Modification Plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay here we go- Post #1.

My name is Mario, I’m an auto enthusiast/builder living in sunny Southern California. Last week, I placed an order for the SR+ M3 in Midnight Silver Metallic and I’m super excited to take delivery in the next few weeks.

Although this is my first Tesla, I’m not new to the EV world. I owned a BMW i3 Extended Range a few years back and absolutely hated it. I was lucky if I got 90 miles to the charge, and even luckier if it charged to 60% overnight. It was a time when full EV cars were still in that awkward Guinea pig stage- But with the increase of chargers all around and the much faster convenience of charging, I decided to give the EV world another chance.

The plan for this M3 is pretty simple as it will be my daily commuter, at least that’s what I keep telling myself:

Phase 1- Delivery and Detail:
I’ll be taking delivery of the car from Tesla Burbank and driving straight to my friend’s Ceramic Pro authorized dealer ‘Detail Union’ where the car will undergo:

- De-contamination/ Iron-X (Fallout Remover)/ Clay Bar/
- 1 or 2 Step Cut and Polish (Depending on Condition)
- Front End PPF (Paint Protection Film)
- Ceramic Pro Coating (All Surfaces Including Wheels and Brakes)
- Light Tint

Phase 2- Misc. Accessories:
Just some minor touches.

- Isolation Kit
- Noise Reduction Seal
- LED Puddle Lights
- Performance Rear Emblem
- Frunk/Trunk Strut Upgrade
- Pedal Set
- Color Matched Door Handles

Phase 3- Wheels, Tires, Suspension, Brakes:
I love how these 4 things can totally transform a car. I reached out to my good friends and old sponsors at Rohana Wheels for some wheels, I’m still debating tires- I typically go with an aggressive R compound tire or Super Sports, but I’m considering a more quiet tire.

- Rohana Wheels RFX2 in 20X9f 20x10r
- Tires TBD but more a conservative 245/35/20f & 285/30/20r
- Unplugged Performance- Low Springs
- Painted Yellow Calipers

Phase 4- Aero
I’m still debating whether or not I want to shell out the 7k+ for a full Vorsteiner aero kit, especially for a front lip with that much exposure to the road. But regardless of the brand, the plan is as follows:

- Front Lip
- Side Skirt Extensions
- Rear Spoiler
- Rear Diffuser

I love storytelling (as you can probably tell from this novel) and creating quality content, so I’ll be posting updates regularly and video documenting the entire process from day one on Instagram: @standout.la and Youtube: Stand Out LA.

Looking forward to connecting!
Mario

Few bonus shots of a small handful of my pervious builds over the last few years:

IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_2993 2.JPG
IMG_3745.JPG
IMG_6314.JPG

Reactions: dennisvab
Congrats in advance! Sounds like a great plan. I expect you will add additional accessories. Floor mats, trunk and frunk liners, center console wrap, center console sunglasses holder, wireless charger and/or USB hub, chrome delete kit, interior LED upgrade (I consider this to be almost mandatory). It's easy to go overboard.

Congrats in advance! Sounds like a great plan. I expect you will add additional accessories. Floor mats, trunk and frunk liners, center console wrap, center console sunglasses holder, wireless charger and/or USB hub, chrome delete kit, interior LED upgrade (I consider this to be almost mandatory). It's easy to go overboard.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm sure I'll add everything on your list in due time!

You seem like a guy who should have the performance model. Or at least the awd lr version to back up all the launches you'll be doing.

And all those modifications seem like they'd add up to more than the price difference...

What is your budget for accessories? I don’t know what all of those things cost but I sure hope you don’t end up spending more money than a LRAWD (or Performance) by the time you make all of those additions/modifications.

I've built a great relationship with the majority brands listed over the years, so most items will be sponsored or at least purchased at wholesale cost. I'll still be far from an LR or P3!

You seem like a guy who should have the performance model. Or at least the awd lr version to back up all the launches you'll be doing.

And all those modifications seem like they'd add up to more than the price difference...

P3 would be tons of fun! But this isn't my only car, and will be used as my commuter.. I'm not sure if you've ever sat in California 405 traffic, but no launching will be happening haha

I remember coming up with a similarly long list when I was waiting to get my car. It was based on all the stuff people were saying in these forums and what was available on sites like Abstract Ocean.

After taking delivery and actually living inside the car, I ended up feeling like I needed far fewer accessories than I thought. Just things that make a daily difference: the center console organizer, wireless phone charger, USB hub, and screen protector. I honestly don’t feel like I need wraps or lights or emblems right now. But it’s good they’re out there.

I remember coming up with a similarly long list when I was waiting to get my car. It was based on all the stuff people were saying in these forums and what was available on sites like Abstract Ocean.

After taking delivery and actually living inside the car, I ended up feeling like I needed far fewer accessories than I thought. Just things that make a daily difference: the center console organizer, wireless phone charger, USB hub, and screen protector. I honestly don’t feel like I need wraps or lights or emblems right now. But it’s good they’re out there.

I hear you- but I love putting my personal touch on my cars, and making them stand out in my own ways. I see maybe 40+ Model 3s daily and counting, I wouldn't want to have the same thing like everybody else!

I was going to point out to you what a joke the title "Performance emblem" represents...
o_O

... but then I took another look at how you butchered your other cars, and figured ... it has your name written all over it!
:rolleyes:

Except they already come butchered from the Tesla Factory so really he’ll be improving on an already good platform....

Good luck OP, looking forward to your modifications

Okay here we go- Post #1.

My name is Mario, I’m an auto enthusiast/builder living in sunny Southern California. Last week, I placed an order for the SR+ M3 in Midnight Silver Metallic and I’m super excited to take delivery in the next few weeks.

Although this is my first Tesla, I’m not new to the EV world. I owned a BMW i3 Extended Range a few years back and absolutely hated it. I was lucky if I got 90 miles to the charge, and even luckier if it charged to 60% overnight. It was a time when full EV cars were still in that awkward Guinea pig stage- But with the increase of chargers all around and the much faster convenience of charging, I decided to give the EV world another chance.

The plan for this M3 is pretty simple as it will be my daily commuter, at least that’s what I keep telling myself:

Phase 1- Delivery and Detail:
I’ll be taking delivery of the car from Tesla Burbank and driving straight to my friend’s Ceramic Pro authorized dealer ‘Detail Union’ where the car will undergo:

- De-contamination/ Iron-X (Fallout Remover)/ Clay Bar/
- 1 or 2 Step Cut and Polish (Depending on Condition)
- Front End PPF (Paint Protection Film)
- Ceramic Pro Coating (All Surfaces Including Wheels and Brakes)
- Light Tint

Phase 2- Misc. Accessories:
Just some minor touches.

- Isolation Kit
- Noise Reduction Seal
- LED Puddle Lights
- Performance Rear Emblem
- Frunk/Trunk Strut Upgrade
- Pedal Set
- Color Matched Door Handles

Phase 3- Wheels, Tires, Suspension, Brakes:
I love how these 4 things can totally transform a car. I reached out to my good friends and old sponsors at Rohana Wheels for some wheels, I’m still debating tires- I typically go with an aggressive R compound tire or Super Sports, but I’m considering a more quiet tire.

- Rohana Wheels RFX2 in 20X9f 20x10r
- Tires TBD but more a conservative 245/35/20f & 285/30/20r
- Unplugged Performance- Low Springs
- Painted Yellow Calipers

Phase 4- Aero
I’m still debating whether or not I want to shell out the 7k+ for a full Vorsteiner aero kit, especially for a front lip with that much exposure to the road. But regardless of the brand, the plan is as follows:

- Front Lip
- Side Skirt Extensions
- Rear Spoiler
- Rear Diffuser

I love storytelling (as you can probably tell from this novel) and creating quality content, so I’ll be posting updates regularly and video documenting the entire process from day one on Instagram: @standout.la and Youtube: Stand Out LA.

Looking forward to connecting!
Mario

Few bonus shots of a small handful of my pervious builds over the last few years:

View attachment 504235 View attachment 504236 View attachment 504237 View attachment 504238
Let me get this straight. You have showcased what appears to be a a full bolt on BMW 335 with a Turbo upgrade and various bits and pieces, two BMW M3’s, and a modified Porsche 911 and you are buying a Tesla SR+? Either you have had a life changing experience involving a near fatal car accident or you haven’t test driven a Tesla SR. Just saying.....why not drop the “show” that your planning on and spend that money on some “go” and get a performance.

Last edited:

Screen protector, Navak USB splitter, a USB stick for Dashcam, and done. Maybe a vinyl console wrap because the piano black attract fingerprints and that annoys me.

Otherwise, save the $$ ...