Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Member Introduction + Modification Plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me get this straight. You have showcased what appears to be a a full bolt on BMW 335 with a Turbo upgrade and various bits and pieces, two BMW M3’s, and a modified Porsche 911 and you are buying a Tesla SR+? Either you have had a life changing experience involving a near fatal car accident or you haven’t test driven a Tesla SR. Just saying.....why not drop the “show” that your planning on and spend that money on some “go” and get a performance.

haha luckily no near death experiences. The SR+ will be the commuter/daily driver and it meets all my needs for that criteria and more! I own other cars and still have the 911 which I'll be swapping for a 997 or 991 in the future. That'll satisfy my go fast need!

Screen protector, Navak USB splitter, a USB stick for Dashcam, and done. Maybe a vinyl console wrap because the piano black attract fingerprints and that annoys me.

Otherwise, save the $$ ...

Thank you for both the interior and financial advice! I'll be taking you up on only the interior portion.

Vinyl is a must, I've had piano black trim in the past and it's horrible.

Ahhhh, boys and their toys. I love it:)
@StandOut, if you have the $ and you enjoy making your cars with your personal signature, I say go for it!
Please remember to share pics with the progress of all your mods, many of us will enjoy it with you;)

Thanks John, I appreciate the warm welcome and will be updating regularly!

BTW- I'm from AZ as well. Looking forward to autopilot on road trips back home!

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Phase 1- Delivery and Detail:
- Ceramic Pro Coating (All Surfaces Including Wheels and Brakes)

Phase 3- Wheels, Tires, Suspension, Brakes:
- Painted Yellow Calipers

Phase 4- Aero
I’m still debating whether or not I want to shell out the 7k+ for a full Vorsteiner aero kit, especially for a front lip with that much exposure to the road. But regardless of the brand, the plan is as follows:

Hmmm... You're going to ceramic coat the unpainted OEM calipers and then have them painted yellow??

And you're saying you're sponsored in one breadth and then in another you're saying you might shell out $7K for the aero kit, but then you're saying with all your mods you're not going to be anywhere near the $9K upgrade price to the LR AWD??

Sounds flakey to me....

Hmmm... You're going to ceramic coat the unpainted OEM calipers and then have them painted yellow??

And you're saying you're sponsored in one breadth and then in another you're saying you might shell out $7K for the aero kit, but then you're saying with all your mods you're not going to be anywhere near the $9K upgrade price to the LR AWD??

Sounds flakey to me....

Fine detective work there TLLMRRJ. The brakes will be coated after paint, I thought that part would be self explanatory, but that's on me for not clarifying further. The new wheels will be coated before install on the car. Did you assume I was also going to coat the Aero covers before swapping them out for the new wheels? Again, my fault for not clarifying further.

You may have overlooked me saying most items will be sponsored, not all, most. Regardless- If my parts are free or wholesaled and my base SR+ ends up costing more than a fully loaded Model X, what's it to you?

I still stand by my statement, all set and done I will not be anywhere near the 9k upgrade.

Fine detective work there TLLMRRJ. The brakes will be coated after paint, I thought that part would be self explanatory, but that's on me for not clarifying further. The new wheels will be coated before install on the car. Did you assume I was also going to coat the Aero covers before swapping them out for the new wheels? Again, my fault for not clarifying further.

You may have overlooked me saying most items will be sponsored, not all, most. Regardless- If my parts are free or wholesaled and my base SR+ ends up costing more than a fully loaded Model X, what's it to you?

I still stand by my statement, all set and done I will not be anywhere near the 9k upgrade.

That a good one, Stand Out! You post up on a public messaging forum about your grand plans to soup up a base model Tesla, brag about your supposed "sponsorships," upload pics of your riced-out German gasoline cars to an EV crowd, and then you are questioning why people like me are replying to your posts about your strange logic.

Hmmmm.... Maybe don't post on a public forum if you don't want people to comment??

Btw, the math shows that if you spend $7K on a body kit, then you are only $2K from an upgraded LW AWD. Even if you're going to get all that other stuff for free (which you probably won't), you are indeed mathematically very close to an LR AWD. Just say'n.

That a good one, Stand Out! You post up on a public messaging forum about your grand plans to soup up a base model Tesla, brag about your supposed "sponsorships," upload pics of your riced-out German gasoline cars to an EV crowd, and then you are questioning why people like me are replying to your posts about your strange logic.

Hmmmm.... Maybe don't post on a public forum if you don't want people to comment??

Btw, the math shows that if you spend $7K on a body kit, then you are only $2K from an upgraded LW AWD. Even if you're going to get all that other stuff for free (which you probably won't), you are indeed mathematically very close to an LR AWD. Just say'n.

You said it yourself, I'm on a public forum. Therefore I get to upload what I want when I want, I apologize you are offended and worked up about my introduction thread.

I never bragged, I simply replied and addressed every question that was directed towards me.

You also do realize your profile picture is a Lamborghini engine bay... on an EV forum right?

Listen, there are many other sections of this forums that may be more aligned with your vision and purpose for being on TMC. I'm not here to go back and forth waisting my energy on someone that simply doesn't understand my views. I'd rather contribute in a way that values others and I'd recommend you do the same .

Regardless, thanks for the warm welcome and best of luck to you!

Last edited:
Well. Since you’re trying to advertise, you’d better start to follow the advertisement rules on this site. Being “sponsored” is just code talk for “I’m shilling for these companies and trying to circumvent your community’s rules on advertising by pretending to not be advertising.” Hopefully the mods clean this up.

• Disagree
Reactions: dennisvab
Well. Since you’re trying to advertise, you’d better start to follow the advertisement rules on this site. Being “sponsored” is just code talk for “I’m shilling for these companies and trying to circumvent your community’s rules on advertising by pretending to not be advertising.” Hopefully the mods clean this up.

Thanks for sharing your personal opinion. There is no direct advertisement going on here, I am not intentionally pushing any companies on this forum beyond stating the names of the vendors I plan to use for my own car. Whatever you do with the information I provided in my thread is up to you. If moderators disagree, they are free to direct message me and I'll be happy to accommodate :)

• Disagree
Reactions: dennisvab and Occar
If you aren't advertising, then why not edit your message to remove your list of companies? Would they still "sponsor" you if you did that? If the answer to either of these is no, then it is pretty obvious.

If you aren't advertising, then why not edit your message to remove your list of companies? Would they still "sponsor" you if you did that? If the answer to either of these is no, then it is pretty obvious.

I’m not sure what your understanding of a vehicle sponsor is. I have no obligation to promote or mention any companies or brands in any way. I do however choose to support who I want, and choose what parts to use on my car. With all do respect, the return they get isn’t from a handful of upset Tesla owners that aren’t open to modification of any sort, but rather from my active online and local presence.

Why would I remove them? Forums are a place to share experiences and knowledge. What benefit and value am I providing to someone on this forum that is interested in what I’ve done to my car if they aren’t able to see what parts I’m using.

What I’m understanding is that you want no mention of any brands on this forum if they are not a paying vendor of TMC. Unfortunately, that’s not how it works.

Love the way people customize their rides. Take the stock vehicle and make their own, with modifications.

See lots of styles. Asian, Mexican, Urban, Getto, Low Rider, Frog, IMSA, Euro, etc.

One thing I have not seen a lot of are racing stripes and vinyl embellishments. See this more with other brands, but believe it could be also done successfully with Tesla as well.

Lucky that nobody will install the worst modification on all...Fart can exhausts. I know Elon put them on the inside, but really no need for them to appear on Tesla rears.

• Funny
Reactions: Stand Out
Love the way people customize their rides. Take the stock vehicle and make their own, with modifications.

See lots of styles. Asian, Mexican, Urban, Getto, Low Rider, Frog, IMSA, Euro, etc.

One thing I have not seen a lot of are racing stripes and vinyl embellishments. See this more with other brands, but believe it could be also done successfully with Tesla as well.

Lucky that nobody will install the worst modification on all...Fart can exhausts. I know Elon put them on the inside, but really no need for them to appear on Tesla rears.

haha this is great!

I see a black M3 with a thin white and red stripe down the middle almost daily on the 405. I'll snag a pic next time for you, actually looks pretty cool!