Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 autopilot calibration stuck at ~3% after 151 mixed miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just another data point. I picked up my Model 3 Performance (standard autopilot, no FSD) yesterday and has been driving 151 miles mixed with local and freeway traffic. I have Autostreer enabled on autopilot panel, but the "calibration in progress" always there and the progress circle stuck at ~3% no matter what. I tried disable Autostreer and re-enable it, no help. I tried soft and hard rebooting on the system, no help either.

Scheduled a service appointment on next Friday, will keep watching the calibration progress in next few days and will update for any progress with Tesla service center.

IMG_3960.JPG

IMG_3962.JPG

Same experience. April build, fw 2019.7. No FSD. Drove 150 mi, no AP. Didn’t get the screen you showed in your post. Texted the delivery team.

Didn’t drive the Model 3 all next day because the HPWC hadn’t been installed, and my 120V gfci tripped twice trying to complete a charge. So that and a forecast for hail kept me in the 135i.

That evening, sat in the car to see if the update would be pushed soon, and lo and behold AP had appeared! Something happened during those 24 hours of inactivity. So sit tight would be my suggestion.

I just picked up my new Model 3 Extended Range AWD with FSD from Chicago yesterday. It has exactly the same problem. The progress circle is still stuck at ~3% after 300 miles of driving on interstate and side roads. They pushed a SW update to it last night (2019.7.105), but the calibration progress has not moved at all when driving interstate and side roads today.

Just another data point. I picked up my Model 3 Performance (standard autopilot, no FSD) yesterday and has been driving 151 miles mixed with local and freeway traffic. I have Autostreer enabled on autopilot panel, but the "calibration in progress" always there and the progress circle stuck at ~3% no matter what. I tried disable Autostreer and re-enable it, no help. I tried soft and hard rebooting on the system, no help either.

It took suspiciously long for my AP calibration to kick it.
Not 150 miles, but somewhere north of 100 miles the % progress went from < 10% to AP icon enabled.

I had given up check on AP by that point, so it was a nice surprise went I went for a drive the next day.

Good luck with yours!

I just picked up my new Model 3 Extended Range AWD with FSD from Chicago yesterday. It has exactly the same problem. The progress circle is still stuck at ~3% after 300 miles of driving on interstate and side roads. They pushed a SW update to it last night (2019.7.105), but the calibration progress has not moved at all when driving interstate and side roads today.

Update - They pushed yet another SW update (version 2019.12.1.2) on Mon night 5/6/19, With no effect - still stuck. I now see where i can find the actual percent complete in the Autopilot menu. It's stuck at zero percent. The GPS was frozen when they delivered the car too, then randomly started working 200+ miles later. The version 2019.12.1.2 SW update broke the GPS so it was frozen again, then it started working again the next morning. Still no FSD, let alone even basic cruise control!

I am NOT impressed with the level of service Tesla has provided. To deliver a new car to the customer with several major functions inoperable is unacceptable and inexcusable.

I am NOT impressed with the level of service Tesla has provided. To deliver a new car to the customer with several major functions inoperable is unacceptable and inexcusable.

If it is unacceptable and inexcusable return it and get your money back

or be patient and they will make it right. probably an easy fix but might be hw related in your case

A few years ago I bought a vehicle from a different manufacturer and the GPS showed I was in a different state. Took it back to the dealer and they tried a bunch of different sd cards and settings until they realized they forgot to plug in the antenna at the factory

Same problem here. Received my Model 3 on 5/14, and after driving 150 miles, the calibration hasn't moved. Already updated the 2019.12.12 software update. Tried a couple resets on the phone with Tesla, but no change. Off to service it goes...

I took mine in for service (along with 2 other issues). It took them a week but they fixed everything. It sounds like the autopilot issues was a firmware issue - and pushing the latest update fixed it. (Although they did a ton of diagnosis before falling back to that)

Update - They pushed yet another SW update (version 2019.12.1.2) on Mon night 5/6/19, With no effect - still stuck. I now see where i can find the actual percent complete in the Autopilot menu. It's stuck at zero percent. The GPS was frozen when they delivered the car too, then randomly started working 200+ miles later. The version 2019.12.1.2 SW update broke the GPS so it was frozen again, then it started working again the next morning. Still no FSD, let alone even basic cruise control!

Hi MAXNREBA,

I am having a very similar problem with my Model 3. I am not getting much in the way of support from Tesla. Did you ever get this problem resolved?

Stew