Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New model 3 mods!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My display mount arrived the other day and I finally had a chance to install it. For me it was really easy being a former mechanic. Took about 25 minutes start to finish with no hiccups. It's a quality aluminum CNC mount with all the nessesary hardware. Matt from Tech Forum Products suggest that you view his video prior to taking on the install.

May I suggest that if you purchase and install this mount, install the main mount first to the dash location. Then loosely mount the display mount to the main mount. Then reconnect the wire connector to the back of the display, then attach to the display mount to the main mount. It's a lot easier this way. Then get into the drivers seat and adjust to your liking.

Snug all fasteners and install the temp sensor to the shroud and install the shroud. Done!

I like the tilt angle with the seat in my normal driving position. It's easier to reach and tap the screen.

Including before and after install photos.
IMG_20200306_155727.jpg
IMG_20200306_163449.jpg

My display mount arrived the other day and I finally had a chance to install it. For me it was really easy being a former mechanic. Took about 25 minutes start to finish with no hiccups. It's a quality aluminum CNC mount with all the nessesary hardware. Matt from Tech Forum Products suggest that you view his video prior to taking on the install.

May I suggest that if you purchase and install this mount, install the main mount first to the dash location. Then loosely mount the display mount to the main mount. Then reconnect the wire connector to the back of the display, then attach to the display mount to the main mount. It's a lot easier this way. Then get into the drivers seat and adjust to your liking.

Snug all fasteners and install the temp sensor to the shroud and install the shroud. Done!

I like the tilt angle with the seat in my normal driving position. It's easier to reach and tap the screen.

Including before and after install photos.View attachment 518951 View attachment 518952

Including before and after install photos.View attachment 518951 View attachment 518952
I ordered mine in the 15th, still not here yet.
I'm a bit confused on your suggestion. You say attatch the display mount to main mount loosely, then attatch wire, then attatch display mount to main mount again. I assume by attaching it again, you mean tighten?

In Matt's installation video he admits to and struggles with installing the display/mount assembly to the main mount bracket.

What I did for my install procedures was:
1. Loosely attach the main mount to the dash using the stock cone bolts.
2. Loosely attach the display mount to the main mount using the provided allen bolts with washers, top down.
3. Connect the wire lead to the display then attach the display mount to the back of the display screen using the stock bolts that were removed during disassembly and secure firmly.
4. Jump into the drivers seat and adjust to your liking. I did full tilt and turn in!
5. Tighten all attachment bolts and install the shroud.
6. Enjoy your car even more!

Reactions: Copterguy