Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Sport wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed, spy photos never really look that great, things usually look better once officially revealed. Someone posted a photo of a Dodge caravan console that is close to the new 3 console and went on and on about how they disliked it. Everyone chimed in with the same dislike, but its always like that at first "OMG SO NASTY!" and then after release the same exact people "OMG HOW DO I RETROFIT?"
Exactly what I am saying, you really need to see it in person. Eventually the functionalist of the new center console will grow on people. And most importantly, RANGE! The wheels may be a bit less stylish than the last 19 inch wheels, but if they provide more range then so what. I am getting mine blacked out to match the chrome delete anyways !

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X and imola.zhp
How well do rim paint jobs last when compared to factory color. I would prefer my rims be blacked out as well.
Get your rims powder coated from a good shop. When I got my jaguar a few years back, I asked them how do they paint wheels black and the shop tech. told me they come factory powder coated. I got them powder coated at a shop for 450, and they are lasting great. I have a cousin who has had powder coated wheels for 10 years looking brand new, the only damage would be curb rash but that is Human error. So my advice to you, if you want black rims on the model 3, get them powder coated!

Here is my 2021 Model 3 LR, midnight silver with the refreshed 19 inch sport wheels powder-coated (also went with lime brake caliper powder-coat)
IMG_8504 2.jpg
IMG_8511 2.JPG

Not sure this belongs here but if someone wanted a new look with the existing 18's could they not just wrap them instead of powder coating. We know someone with a red SR plus with standard 18's. He is thinking of wrapping them with a silvery type 3M something or other. We suggested the new orbital Aeros that are supposed to come out in January but he is thinking of trying a strategic wrap of some of the existing 18's. I wouldn't have the patients. And not sure how they would stand up.

My wife had her Aero covers done though. Turned out alright. But we only use them on toad trips and in winter as they are easier to clean up than the rims underneath. Like 40 bucks...ish for the kit.

50711223276_d82b9dae48_c.jpg

Reactions: imola.zhp
picked up my 2021 M3 LR with 18" in white/white today. During the monthly long wait I was anxious whether I should've went with the 19"-ones, but I'm now glad I didn't. During pickup I was able to see M3 in almost all configs and I really didn't like the 2021 19" wheels on any of the cars.
I think they look in person as bad as on pictures. Just my 2 cents :-D

Attachments

• PXL_20201227_005939309.jpg
    PXL_20201227_005939309.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 378