Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New model 3 touchscreen problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my car yesterday, and everything worked fine, but today I went to my car to install touchscreen protector/wireless charger and things like that, my screen wouldn't work... It can display the status of the car but I was not able to touch anything from the screen. I tried to reboot it 4-5 times and it still doesn't respond to my finger. Is there any solution before I contact tesla about this??

I just got my car yesterday, and everything worked fine, but today I went to my car to install touchscreen protector/wireless charger and things like that, my screen wouldn't work... It can display the status of the car but I was not able to touch anything from the screen. I tried to reboot it 4-5 times and it still doesn't respond to my finger. Is there any solution before I contact tesla about this??

Remove the screen protector? Tesla is not going to help you if you roll up in there saying "My touch screen does not work, now that I installed this screen protector". The first thing they will say is "remove the screen protector". If removing the screen protector does not fix the issue (and rebooting) you would want to take it to tesla, but if thats the case, DO NOT mention the screen protector to them at all.

Screen protectors are not "necessary" on the screen any more than they are on smart phones (that is, some people feel they are necessary but they are not a requirement to keep scratches off the screen, they just make cleaning it easier).

11 months, 14,500 miles and no screen protector, I’ve even removed the screen and removed the cord to replace the bracket behind it to one that allows me to adjust the screen towards me.

Fred
it was a brand new car just came out of factory with 11 miles on it, the confuse thing is it sometimes works but most of the time wouldn't. I cant even log in to my youtube account cause I cant even type my email in... Guess It's time for Tesla service the first day after delivery... Thanks for your tips,appreciated!

Remove the screen protector? Tesla is not going to help you if you roll up in there saying "My touch screen does not work, now that I installed this screen protector". The first thing they will say is "remove the screen protector". If removing the screen protector does not fix the issue (and rebooting) you would want to take it to tesla, but if thats the case, DO NOT mention the screen protector to them at all.

Screen protectors are not "necessary" on the screen any more than they are on smart phones (that is, some people feel they are necessary but they are not a requirement to keep scratches off the screen, they just make cleaning it easier).
I didnt put the screen protector yet and it stopped working. I got into the car and trying to select screen cleaning mode and found out that I can't even press anything on the screen.. It's weird.

I didnt put the screen protector yet and it stopped working. I got into the car and trying to select screen cleaning mode and found out that I can't even press anything on the screen.. It's weird.

Ahh, ok thats completely different. I would take it in for sure, as soon as you can get it in there. I would also note down date and time of day that it doesnt work, so they can check logs if needed to see what it says.