Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Performance Tire Pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front drivers side tire has gone down 4 PSI in the last couple days. Is this normal or do I have a leak already?
IMG_5019.png

Easy enough to turn the steering wheel so the tread of the front left tire is visible for inspection. Another possible source of a slow leak is a leaky valve core. Remove the valve stem cap and put some good ol' spit on the valve stem. Any bubbling will indicate a leaky valve core; could just need tightening or it could be due to a small piece of dirt inside the valve core. A bad tire bead seal is another possibility. If you fail to find a puncture or a leaky valve core then try spraying some soapy water on the edge of the wheel where it meets the tire (you can only check the tire bead for leaks on the outside unless you remove the wheel. The faster/easier method would be to take your Model Y to a shop that repairs tires. The shop will have a wheel tank that will quickly find any leaks by showing air bubbles.

Reactions: CleanDemon
Nobody noticed the other tires pressure were updated 18hrs ago and his front left 43mins?

You have to drive the car until the pressures update. They are all probably 42 because that is what they are supposed to be cold.

Just got the TPMS error message on my MYP last Monday. Nothing wrong w/ the tires and pressure is stable. Had an appointment this morning at the service center and they replaced the right rear sensor. Appointment lasted ~2 hours. This is a frequent issue w/ their latest SW update that somehow causes the TPMS to trip/trigger

Reactions: CleanDemon
Tpms measures tire pressure when you are driving. It measured the 3 ones at 46psi 18hrs ago. They are different than the tire recently measured because they were measured at different times.

Your tires should all be at 42psi cold and it will rise as the tires warm up from driving.

Reactions: jerome8283
Just got the TPMS error message on my MYP last Monday. Nothing wrong w/ the tires and pressure is stable. Had an appointment this morning at the service center and they replaced the right rear sensor. Appointment lasted ~2 hours. This is a frequent issue w/ their latest SW update that somehow causes the TPMS to trip/trigger

Tpms sensors are in the tire and don't get software updates that I am aware of. All they do is transmit a ping of the tires psi every so often when at speed. There is a tpms signal receiver inside the car. It's a little black box in the back right of a model 3 interior. Maybe that is what they replaced for you.

Tpms measures tire pressure when you are driving. It measured the 3 ones at 46psi 18hrs ago. They are different than the tire recently measured because they were measured at different times.

Your tires should all be at 42psi cold and it will rise as the tires warm up from driving.
Last time I drove it was yesterday evening so this makes sense. Not sure why only one tire was updated though. Hopefully that’s the case and I have nothing to worry about. Thanks everyone!!

There must be a problem with that sensor. The time being off doesn’t make sense unless you did not ride on that one wheel.
Actually, if you do a short enough drive (moving it around the block or something), you can get that. I've watched it update and it does it one wheel at a time (at least on screen), so if you stop after it updates one, but before it updates the next, you basically get that.

Reactions: jerome8283