Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y - slow wake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unresponsive screen during wake

During start up, I have to wait like 20-30 seconds before I can start to do anything with the car. I can’t start driving it or even use the screen because it’s unresponsive. I have a PIN set up so when I press the break I have to wait for the screen to respond. This is so irritating. Is this normal?

I have a service appointment next week regarding a bunch of issues from a deep scratch in the paint, horrible voice call speaker (sounds blown), terrible front camera quality, rattling in the back and in the camera/rear view mirror, and missing caps on my door. Seriously, Tesla quality is a piece of poop. I couldn’t check the inside at all during delivery. I had to accept the car in order to check the inside. I wouldn’t have accepted with all these issues.
4F462A90-F43D-46D2-96F5-C18DCAA07C69.jpeg
E9D34F6B-7562-4BF4-8014-9E2613697278.jpeg
182FD7D9-0DAF-49FD-B0E6-7DFCF69F4B36.jpeg
3FCC1CE4-758E-4C61-A373-6F9D21738053.jpeg

Now my second row seat power stopped functioning. I can’t move the seat anymore to allow passengers in the back of the third row (7 seater). No motor sound when I hit the switch. It only folds and can move it back and forth manually. Seriously, this car sucks so much. If I could I would return it.

The screen should be responsive instantly when waking up. Mine screen is and it is the slower intel atom chip which came in first batch of 2022 model y cars.

Good luck with the other issues. The rattle sounds like the hardest to solve. They can be tricky to pinpoint.

The screen should be responsive instantly when waking up. Mine screen is and it is the slower intel atom chip which came in first batch of 2022 model y cars.

Good luck with the other issues. The rattle sounds like the hardest to solve. They can be tricky to pinpoint.
Thank you. Mine is so slow. It doesn’t do anything like my video showed. I had to remove PIN to drive because I have to wait until the screen is responsive in order to drive.

Yeah, they wouldn’t allow me to open the car. They put the key card inside the car locked. Only way I can open it is by accepting the car on the phone app and unlock it afterwards.
sounds pretty obvious they didn't want you to see all the defects until you paid and out the door......tail light warranty. There are some pretty rotten SC out there. Tesla needs to show some integrity and have some oversight with their SC employees and quality control. China came down hard on tesla with regards to early quality control when the china factory opened. They had the same problems initially but china said not on our watch and laid down the law to Elon "either shape up or ship out"

What firmware version are you on? My new Y (mid Sept 2022) has the factory build of 2022.23.101 - and it's awful. No windows up on lock button, screen is slow to wake, and if i step out of the car the windows won't go up or down until i step on the brake.

I have a service appointment scheduled but hoping whenever I get the latest public release some of these issues will be resolved.

Reactions: Luigi408 and JHCCAZ
What firmware version are you on? My new Y (mid Sept 2022) has the factory build of 2022.23.101 - and it's awful. No windows up on lock button, screen is slow to wake, and if i step out of the car the windows won't go up or down until i step on the brake.

I have a service appointment scheduled but hoping whenever I get the latest public release some of these issues will be resolved.
I have the same version as you (mid Sept 2022 as well). Let me know what they say about those issues. My car is in service right now to repair the paint scratches and my second row seat mechanism that already broke.