Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MY Performance w/FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a strange issue. I just picked up MY performance today and went through all the settings but when I enable Autostear and or Navigate on Autopilot it turns off the next time I get in the car.
Do I need to request the FSD bata even tho I have FSD?

When I got home from the delivery center I connected to my home WiFi and immediately received 2022.24.6

Also, this one petal driving is going to be nice but will take some getting used to.

Autosteer and Navigation on autopilot are "per trip" options, so yes you will need to turn them on for a trip if its appropriate. Note that I have regular FSD, not FSD beta, so am not aware if it is different with the beta (beta beta actually, since FSD is beta even in its regular state).

Upvote 0
Autosteer and Navigation on autopilot are "per trip" options, so yes you will need to turn them on for a trip if its appropriate. Note that I have regular FSD, not FSD beta, so am not aware if it is different with the beta (beta beta actually, since FSD is beta even in its regular state).
Yes, I know about regular FSD actually beta too, but I have a button that says request the beta…. Would have just been a new version of what they have on the car as regular FSD?

I am just confused…. So what's autopilot? Is this the per-trip auto steer that has to be turned on before you start to drive? Pus the drive leaver down once for cruise control and 2 times for autopilot (you have to turn it on before the drive).

How do you engage FSD? Set a destination and push drive leaver 2 times?

Upvote 0
Sorry for the rookie questions this is my first Tesla and or EV.

Congratulations.

I happen to be one of those people who think its much, much better for someone to get used to the car itself, especially if they havent driven a Tesla or EV before, before messing around with FSD. In my opinion, its like someone who bought a manual transmission vehicle, after never having driven one but reading about then, trying to "heel / toe" or talking about popping the clutch or something.

Failing that, I would suggest reading through the manual extensively on how it works, how you activate it, etc. Its important to know what it does, and even more importantly what it doesnt, how to engage and disengage, etc:

The "request beta" button is about requesting the specific "FSD beta" that is being discussed in the autopilot subforum, which requires playing the "safety score" "game". You can search the autopilot and FSD subforum for "safety score" or "FSD beta":

I do realize that this might come across as "rtfm" and "search" but thats not quite how I mean it. In any case, hope that helps you get started.

Upvote 0
Congratulations.

I happen to be one of those people who think its much, much better for someone to get used to the car itself, especially if they havent driven a Tesla or EV before, before messing around with FSD. In my opinion, its like someone who bought a manual transmission vehicle, after never having driven one but reading about then, trying to "heel / toe" or talking about popping the clutch or something.

Failing that, I would suggest reading through the manual extensively on how it works, how you activate it, etc. Its important to know what it does, and even more importantly what it doesnt, how to engage and disengage, etc:

The "request beta" button is about requesting the specific "FSD beta" that is being discussed in the autopilot subforum, which requires playing the "safety score" "game". You can search the autopilot and FSD subforum for "safety score" or "FSD beta":

I do realize that this might come across as "rtfm" and "search" but thats not quite how I mean it. In any case, hope that helps you get started.
Thank you for the links and the explanation. I will be reading more in the manual but what has tripped me up is what it says to what I have read here and there. The terms don't match up really is what has confused me.

I was also surprised that I got an update on day one. In every post, I have read people don't get the first update for a couple of weeks or more.

So far one day in, I am loving the car.

Upvote 0
Owning a Tesla benefits from a learning curve. Everyone picks up different methods depending on their experience and desires. Reading the manual will give you a broad overview and may answer some of your specific interests.

Reading the forums can be abit confusing. People have different firmware, different Teslas and different environments.

Have fun and enjoy the screen interface in your Tesla. Lots of options to consider.

PS Everything @jjrandorin writes is “gospel”!

Upvote 0
So far I have enjoyed it. Until I got in my Shelby and almost rear ended someone because the car wouldn’t stop on its own lol. It seems to have been easier to adjust to the one peddle driving then going back to ICE.
I have figured out that in my neck of the woods I only get autopilot. When I get closer to Dallas it allows me to do the self driving. The car seems to be more on the cautious side of things.
There is one area I have to turn cruise and or autopilot off due to yellow caution flashing lights. It this they are red lights and wants to stop.

Upvote 0