Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner of Model S w/ 48K Miles...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far so good, have had my 2016 70D for 6 weeks and absolutely love it. Only concern thus far is some rattling of the front driver side wheel (going over bumps/potholes). Apart from that everything seems great.

My question for those of you with much more Tesla experience/knowledge than I, is what would you recommend in terms of service prior to the expiration of the 50K mile warranty? I dont have a service center within 2 hours of me, but that isn't a huge obstacle for me. My Model S was a corporate lease in Ohio, I did not purchase it through Tesla and I know little to nothing about previous service history.

Also, any guidance/recommendations on extended warranty coverage would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Congratulations! Glad you're liking it :)

The rattling is something your Tesla service center should be able to take care of. Also, I believe you can get an extended warranty. Here's some information that can help:

Extended Service Agreement

Regarding needed service, they should be able to check the history and what's required now. There's also this:

Car Maintenance

You can reach Tesla through the app, by phone or at: [email protected]

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: linkster
WRT to an extended warranty, I am neutral, in that in many ways the car is well engineered and has a simple drivetrain as compared to an ICE vehicle, yet a touchscreen replacement can be costly. After spending much time in the northeast with salty winters, I may be more inclined to consider an extended warranty If your car has spent and will continue to live in the winter salt. I am not saying that Teslas don’t hold up well in those types of winter conditions for the long term, I just know that it makes life much more difficult for any car. Hopefully, others will chime in with their reccomendations.

Download the official Tesla app that will have a pic of your car with the correct body color including wheels, Model, vin, current mileage. Scroll to the bottom and the tap on “schedule service”.

Congrats on your Tesla!

btw, I am by no means one of the many Tesla/Mr. Twitter kool-aid drinkers around here, however, our 6,5 year old P85 and nearly 1.5 year old little sis' LR RWD Model 3 sitting next to her in the garage are just plum incredible.

Last edited: