TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New owner, what accessories

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Fellsteruk, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

hey,

What accessories should I be looking at for my MX when it arrived?

2. nime01

nime01 Member

- Frunk mat, trunk mat, front seat floor mats, rear seat floor mats (Tesla/Weathertec)
    - Chademo adapter
    - Lower load floor if 5 seater

3. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

Thanks what’s a lower load floor?

4. nime01

nime01 Member

5. pkodali

pkodali Member

6. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

7. Padelford

Padelford Supporting Member

Get the all-weather front floor mats. They have saved my interior floors many times.

• Like x 1
  8. 365gtb4

365gtb4 Member

The most useful addition to my to cars is the Evanex drawer. I use it to hold my sunglasses and micro fiber cleaning cloths.

9. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

Wait wat.... that doesn’t come with the car?

The models I saw in the retail store had these already in them and was even shown it and how to open, never mentioned it was an extra

10. nime01

nime01 Member

It does not work with the 5 seater trunk mat. I'd get the Weathertec mat from Tesla if it was available for the lower load floor config.

11. nime01

nime01 Member

Also get the rear mats, it's a no-brainer for keeping the interior nice. (at least in wetter conditions)

• Funny x 1
  12. Sgadhia

Sgadhia Member

Blackvue dash cam, cubby drawer from @norm , coat hooks from rpm Tesla and all the he other stuff listed abov except the load floor. I have a 2017 December build and 5he load floor is standard.

• Like x 1
  13. tizio

tizio Member

Dash cam is essential. Front and rear if you can.

If you have the 6/7 seater, get a small squishy stress ball to put in the pocket the 3rd row belt buckles drop into. This will lift the buckles and aid tiny hands to buckle quickly, yet squish out of the way when you fold the seat down.

Keep a roll of paper towels in the frunk. You'll need them on the rare occasion the gull wing door gap or front wipers dump water into the car.

A 50A NEMA 14-50 power cable can be a lifesaver if you're traveling. They work in many RV parks (read some threads on this before proceeding) and most people don't have their dryer outlet close enough to where you'd park.

Consider getting rim guards if you live in an urban area with a lot of square curb gutters and you can't help parking close to the curb.

14. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member