Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Would it be possible to configure "New Posts" and similar links to exclude new posts by ignored members? There are at least half a dozen members that I've added to my ignore list. Some of them are very active in various threads that I've subscribed to. Unfortunately, when I click to view the New Posts on these threads, it often takes me to the last page but it shows messages I've already read. I then realize that it isn't showing the numerous ignored posts. Sometimes I click on thread after thread only to find that there aren't really any new messages by non-ignored members.

I think it would be pretty simple to update the query for New Posts to ignore the ignored posts and function the same as the actual threads which ignore these posts.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I just look over to the "Last Message" column and if the poster is listed as "Ignored Member", I just skip over that thread. I know I run the risk of missing out on possible new post(s) from non-ignored members that may have been made just prior to the ignored member's post, but I figure I can catch up on the thread later when someone else posts to that thread, which shouldn't be long for many of the very active threads.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: DrivingRockies
Bumping this suggestion. Lots of people that don't bother searching for threads before they start new ones. And many folks with clickbait titles OR completely useless titles. So even if I ignore their posts, I still am subject to their stupidity.

Not asking for a change to the defaults, but giving people more options for ignoring threads will make for a better experience for everyone.