Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Powerwall 2 - has Firmware 0.3.11.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
For the last 48h, we have been the happy new owners of a Powerwall 2, with LG Solar Panels (6.6kW).

Do different countries have different Firmware?
Or am I still on an old version? Because the App is showing v0.3.11.2 for the PW2 (see picture).

When I click on the Version, I see 1.37 is the latest available.

I have read that the PW2 gets OTA updates, but I'm not sure how long they take to come through. And since I've only had the system for a few days, I may be getting ahead of myself.

9a7254.png

• Informative
Reactions: Shygar
The firmware version reported there is really for the Gateway, not the Powerwalls themselves. The current "v1" Gateway FW version is v1.37.1(-Neurio-1.4.6), the Gateway 2's FW versions are in the 0.3.xx range. Since you're outside the US it makes sense that you're running a Gateway 2. Not sure if they have an updates page for the Gateway 2, if the app took you to the Gateway 1 page then it seems probably not.

Congrats, BTW! :)

Reactions: tom_kauf
Thank you woferry and BJReplay :).

Yes, I have a Gateway 2 (sorry for the sideways picture, it doesn't upload properly no matter how I rotated it in my phone's gallery).

Ah yes, that makes sense now, that it v0.3.11.2 is actually for the Gateway. That's more Info than our installers could give me.

The app did give Time Based Control as a new option yesterday. That wasn't there on the first day. So it looks like it did do an ota update.

And thank you, it is very exciting to have a Tesla product. No car yet, but one day...
It has been fun watching the App, incl the daily graphs to see where appliance power consumption can be reduced.

IMG

0.3.11.2 is probably pretty recent. Mine is still at 0.3.11 and has been there for a few months now. Tesla should get on with publishing the firmware changes for the BuG 2 as presently it only shows the info for V1.
The advanced settings options usually turn up in the app a few days after commissioning.

Reactions: tom_kauf